August Bondi (Jewish name Anshl)(July 21, 1833, Vienna Austria – 1907, USA) was involved in what he called the Border War, but is now usually called Bleeding Kansas, and latter the American Civil War. In Kansas he fought with abolitionist John Brown.
- ↑ [Some sources give his name as August Mendel Bondi, including his grandfather's name as a middle name]
- ↑ From the March 2004 issue of Jewish Currents, August Bondi and the Abolitionist Movement by Yankl Stillman
- ↑ Excerpts from the Autobiography of August Bondi (1833–1907)
- Kansas Historical Society: August M. Bondi Papers, 1884-1952
- Oygusṭ Bondi, A biography written in Yiddish
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|