|Born||30 November 1918|
|Died||28 December 1979(aged 61)|
|Place of birth||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Place of death||Täby, Sweden|
|Buried at||Norra begravningsplatsen|
Swedish Army (1927–33)|
Swedish Air Force (1933–68)
|Years of service||1941–1977|
Östgöta Air Force Wing|
|Other work||Military Equipment Inspector|
Bengt Rosenius (30 November 1918 – 28 December 1979) was a Swedish Air Force major general. Rosenius served as wing commander of the Östgöta Air Force Wing, Inspector of Flight Safety and commanding officer of the Attack Group. Later in his career he served two years as Military Equipment Inspector and head of the National Swedish War Materials Inspectorate.
Career[edit | edit source]
Rosenius was born in Stockholm, Sweden, the son of Nils Rosenius, an accountant, and his wife Edith (née Horwitz). He passed studentexamen in 1938. He was commissioned as an officer in the Swedish Air Force in 1941 with rank of fänrik. Rosenius was promoted to captain in 1948 and was the same year course director at the Royal Swedish Air Force College (Flygkadettskolan) in Uppsala. Rosenius then attended the staff course at the Royal Swedish Air Force Staff College from 1948 to 1949. He was promoted to major in 1954 and to lieutenant colonel in 1957, the same year he attended the Swedish National Defence College. Rosenius was head of the Air Staff's Education Department from 1956 to 1958 and of the Defence Staff's Section III (Press Department) from 1958 to 1962.
In 1961, Rosenius served as Senior Air Staff Officer in the United Nations (ONUC) Air Force in Congo during the Congo Crisis. In 1962, he was promoted to colonel and appointed wing commander of Östgöta Air Force Wing in Linköping. In 1965, Rosenius was appointed Inspector of Flight Safety (Inspektör för flygsäkerhetstjänsten). The same yar he became a board member of the Civil Aviation Administration. Rosenius was promoted to major general in 1973 and was appointed commanding officer of the Attack Group. Rosenius retired from active service in 1977 and on 1 July he took up the position as Military Equipment Inspector and head of the National Swedish War Materials Inspectorate. Rosenius held the position until his death on 28 December 1979.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
In 1944, he married Ingela Hagner (born 1921), the daughter of Gustav Hagner and Hertha Hagner. They had two children; Marianne (born 1945) and Ulrika (born 1957).
Dates of rank[edit | edit source]
- 1941 – Fänrik
- 1943 – Lieutenant
- 1948 – Captain
- 1954 – Major
- 1957 – Lieutenant Colonel
- 1962 – Colonel
- 1973 – Major General
Awards and decorations[edit | edit source]
Honours[edit | edit source]
Filmography[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- (in Swedish) Sveriges statskalender för året 1950. Stockholm: Fritzes offentliga publikationer. 1950. p. 442. http://runeberg.org/statskal/1950/0442.html.
- Davidsson, Åke, ed (1968) (in Swedish). Vem är vem?. 5, Norrland : supplement, register (2nd ed.). Stockholm: Vem är vem. p. 889. 53513. http://runeberg.org/vemarvem/norr68/0913.html.
- Hansson, Johan (2005-05-18). "Våra första internationella insatser – ett tecken på beslutsvilja?" (in Swedish). Swedish Defence University. p. 42. http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:427552/FULLTEXT03.
- (in Swedish) Vem är det: svensk biografisk handbok. 1977. Stockholm: Norstedt. 1976. p. 863. ISBN 91-1-766022-X. 3681523. http://runeberg.org/vemardet/1977/0883.html.
- "Konstitutionsutskottets betänkande 1987/88:40 med anledning av granskning av statsrådens tjänsteutövning och regeringsärendenas handläggning" (in Swedish). Riksdag. p. 165 (Appendix A 7). https://data.riksdagen.se/fil/3C0A0AFA-E9C3-442A-A187-D0A9ADC2278A.
- "Rosenius, BENGT" (in Swedish). https://svenskagravar.se/gravsatt/45593683.
- Kungl. Hovstaterna: Kungl. Maj:ts Ordens arkiv, Matriklar (D 1), vol. 13 (1960–1969), p. 37, digital imaging.
- "Första divisionen (1941)" (in Swedish). Swedish Film Database. http://www.svenskfilmdatabas.se/sv/Item/?type=film&itemid=3954#cast.
[edit | edit source]
|Östgöta Air Force Wing
|Inspector of Flight Safety
|Military Equipment Inspector
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|