|Brandon T. Webb|
|Place of birth||Vancouver, Canada|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1993-2006|
|Rank||Chief Petty Officer|
Brandon Tyler Webb (born 1974) is a former United States Navy SEAL and SEAL Sniper Head Instructor, with combat deployments to southwest Asia, including Iraq and Afghanistan, and an author. He served as the Navy SEAL Sniper Course Manager, where he developed new curricula and trained snipers, including Chris Kyle. He is the editor in chief of SOFREP and a media commentator on snipers and related Special Operations Forces military issues. Webb is the co-author of The 21st Century Sniper: A Complete Practical Guide and his memoir The Red Circle.
Webb joined the Navy in 1993 and began his career as an Aviation Warfare Systems Operator and Search and Rescue Swimmer. He completed Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training. He was assigned to SEAL Team 3.
In 2000 Webb was invited to undergo training at the SEAL Sniper Course. After becoming a certified SEAL Sniper, he deployed to the Persian Gulf with SEAL Team 3. After his last deployment with SEAL Team 3, Webb worked at the Naval Special Warfare Group One Sniper Cell.
In 2003 He became the Naval Special Warfare Command Sniper Course Manager, where he redesigned and innovated the curriculum. As Head Sniper Instructor, Webb graduated more than 300 Navy SEAL snipers from his course, including SEALs Marcus Luttrell and Chris Kyle.
- "Military Cool: Becoming a Sniper"
- "A Soldier's Best Friend"
- "Sneak Peek: The TAG Combat Sustainment Pack"
- "Military to procure 'Mako' Dirigible"
- ↑ "Military.com". http://podcasts.military.com/2012/04/brandon-webb-hits-the-red-circle.html. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- ↑ "Family Found Dead in Maryland; American Journalist Convicted of Espionage in Iran". CNN. April 18, 2009. http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/18/cnr.08.html. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- ↑ "SOFREP". http://sofrep.com//. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- ↑ Fantz, Ashley (2011-05-11). "Navy SEALs, the 'quiet professionals,' got bin Laden". http://articles.cnn.com/2011-05-03/us/binladen.seals_1_seal-training-navy-seals-navy-special-warfare-command?_s=PM:US. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Carlson, Kelley (2012-05-03). "Former Navy SEAL decides to become a writer and pens his memoirs". http://www.delmartimes.net/2012/05/03/former-navy-seal-decides-to-become-a-writer-and-pens-his-memoirs/. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|