The CJ-10 during preparations for the anniversary parade
|Type||Land attack cruise missile|
|Place of origin||People's Republic of China|
|Used by||Second Artillery Corps (China)|
|Manufacturer||Academy of Rocket Motors Technology (ARMT)|
|Warhead||single HE or nuclear|
> 3,000+ km (CJ-20) 
|Speed||Mach 2.5+ (CJ-10) |
|Inertial + possibly COMPASS|
|8 axle TEL (CJ-10)|
Xian H-6K (CJ-10A)
Type 052D destroyer
The CJ-10 (simplified Chinese: 长剑-10; traditional Chinese: 長劍-10; pinyin: Cháng Jiàn 10) is a land attack cruise missile (LACM) currently in service with the Second Artillery Corps of the People's Republic of China. It is the first of the Changjian (literally "long sword") series of long range land attack cruise missiles. The CJ-10 debuted during the October 1 military parade in 2009.
Besides the land attack variant, a possible shore to ship variant has also been rumored to be in Chinese service. Many Taiwan and Hong Kong media sources believe that the weapon has been developed to counter the US Navy's Carrier battle groups, with the aim of a land based carrier destruction capability.
Development[edit | edit source]
The YJ-62/CJ-10 missile family is based on China's earlier land-based Hongniao cruise missile family. The new design also incorporates elements of the Soviet Kh-55 cruise missiles. Moscow Defense Brief speculates that Ukraine may have had some role in the CJ-10 project. China may also have acquired several American Tomahawk missiles from Pakistan and Afghanistan, after the missiles were fired in a failed attack on the Al Qaeda in 1998. The knowledge from these missiles may have been used in the CJ-10/YJ-62 project.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Users[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- YJ-62 - Similar anti-ship missile
- DH-10, the cruise missile from which the CJ-10 family was developed
- Babur missile (Pakistan)
References[edit | edit source]
- 長劍CJ－10巡航導彈雙重威懾 - Hong Kong Daily News
- 中國展示多項新武器 核導彈預警機引人注目 - 自由電子報
- 车辆第28方队：CJ-10 陆基巡航导弹
- Pictures on the Eve of the 60th Anniversary parade for PLA
- 大陸十一／十一展軍力 52種三代武器新亮相 - Yahoo!News Taiwan
- Kashin, Vasiliy (2009-12-11). "Strategic Cruise Missile Carrier H-6K – A New Era for Chinese Air Force". Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies. http://www.webcitation.org/5mOTUakb7. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- Air Power Australia. "PLA Cruise Missiles / PLA Air - Surface Missiles". Ausairpower.net. http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-Cruise-Missiles.html#mozTocId838105. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- John Pike. "DH-10 / CJ-10 / Land-Attack Cruise Missiles (LACM)". Globalsecurity.org. http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/china/lacm.htm. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- "Air Force Briefing Shows Nuclear Modernizations But Ignores US and UK Programs."
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|