The mission of Cadet College Jhelum is to provide education and training to cadets for commission in the Armed Forces and other professional colleges.
- Leadership and Physical Training to prepare the Cadets for commission in the Armed Forces.
- To Prepare the cadets for professional colleges to become physicians, engineers, scientists, and civil servants.
- Inculcate patriotism and religion.
- Intellectual advancement.
"Discipline, Honour, Will"
The cadet college offers both Pakistani stream education and GCE O and A level qualifications. Admission in different classes is on merit and competitive basis. It is open to boys from all parts of the country and abroad.
Admission in this college is done only once in a year in various classes as given below:
In junior School, admission is made in class five only, however a few vacancies occur in the classes from 6th to 7th which are filled on the basis of written exam, interview and medical test.
In prep School, admission is made in class 8th only, however a few vacancies occur in the class 9th which are filled on the basis of written exam, interview and medical test.
Senior School/College WingEdit
In this section, admission is made primarily in class IX/ XI & 'O'level.
- For admission in aforementioned classes, applications are generally received in January and entrance test is held in the first week of March each year.
- For class XI, last date for applying is during first week of August normally.
Class Age Educational Standard VI must not be over 12 years of age Studying in class VI or VII VII must not be over 13 years of age Studying in class VII or VIII VIII/'O' level must not be over 14 1/2 years of age Studying in class VII or VIII IX must not be over 15 1/2 years of age Has passed class 8th XI must not be over 17 1/2 years of age Has Passed the matriculation Exam(or equivalent)
The written test for class VI up to IX/'O' Level is taken from Punjab Text Book Board's Books. Candidates who score at least 50% in each subject and 60% in aggregate are called for an interview before final selection. Medical checkup is carried out by the College Medical Officer.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|