The community center at Camp Foster.
Camp Foster, formerly known as Camp Zukeran (Japanese language: キャンプ瑞慶覧 ) is a United States Marine Corps camp located in Ginowan City with portions overlapping into Okinawa City, Chatan town and Kitanakagusuku village on the Japanese prefecture island of Okinawa. It is part of the Marine Corps Base Camp Smedley D. Butler complex and named after the Medal of Honor recipient PFC William A. Foster. Camp Foster serves as the headquarters for MCB Butler and as the Okinawa office of United States Forces Japan. Among its amenities are a large exchange with an adjacent food court, bowling alley, skate park, performing arts center and movie theater. The base operates three schools: Zukeran and Killin elementary schools and Kubasaki High School. The base's housing units include Kishaba, Chatan, Futenma, Plaza and Sada.
Tenant units[edit | edit source]
- Marine Wing Support Group 17
- Marine Wing Headquarters Squadron 1
- Marine Wing Communications Squadron 18
- Combat Logistics Regiment 3
- Combat Logistics Battalion 4
Related[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the United States Marine Corps.
- Marine Corps Bases Japan's official website
- Marine Corps Smedley D. Butler's official website
- Camp Foster on GlobalSecurity.org
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|