Mexico's 30 centuries of history can be comfortably divided into five broad periods:
- Category:Mesoamerica – from pre-historic times up until the arrival of the conquistadors in the 1510s.
- Category:Colonial Mexico – covering the history of New Spain from the arrival of the conquistadors until the War of Independence in the 1810s.
- Category:Independent Mexico – Mexico of the 19th century (including two short-lived empires and the loss of half the nation's territory) prior to the administration of Porfirio Diaz.
- Category:Mexican War of Independence
- Category:Mexican-American War
- Category:Porfiriato – Mexico during the government of Porfirio Diaz
- Category:Modern Mexico – the Mexican Revolution and the post-revolutionary period (the "armed" and "institutional" phases of the Revolution) up to the present day.
This parent category is for topics spanning multiple periods in Mexican history.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:History of Mexico.|
All items (109)