|Role||Light Utility helicopter|
|Manufacturer||Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation|
|First flight||December 1994|
|Developed from||Eurocopter Ecureuil|
Z-11 is a light utility helicopter developed by Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC). According the Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation website, it is claimed to be the first indigenously-designed helicopter in China. It is based off the Eurocopter Ecureuil however. The Z-11 project started in 1989 and the first flight was made in Dec 1994. In Oct 2000, test flights of Z-11 were completed. The general designer of Z-11 is Mr. Wu Ximing (吴希明), who is also the general designer of three other Chinese helicopters, including WZ-10. Under Mr. Wu, Z-11 became the first Chinese helicopter to be completely designed by CAD/CAM.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Z-11J military version of the Z-11
- Z-11W armed military version of the Z-11 (battlefield surveillance and reconnaissance, ground attack, and medical evacuation roles)
- Z-11WA – scout version
- Z11MB1 – with French Arriel 2B1A engine
- CZ11W – The CZ11W is a light attack helicopter variation. It is powered by one WZ8D or ARRIEL 2B1A turbo-shaft engine and equipped with integrated avionics system, anti-tank missiles, rockets and machine guns. The helicopter is fitted with a targeting sensor turret, and can carry 4 Chinese HJ-8 antitank missiles.
Specifications[edit | edit source]
Data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2003–2004
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 6
- Length: 11.24 m (36 ft 10¾ in)
- Rotor diameter: 10.69 m (35 ft 0¾ in)
- Height: 3.14 m (10 ft 3½ in)
- Disc area: 89.8 m² (966 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 1,120 kg (2,469 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 2,200 kg (4,850 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × WZ-8D turboshaft, 510 kW (684 shp)
- Maximum speed: 278 km/h (150 knots, 172 mph)
- Cruise speed: 240 km/h (130 knots, 149 mph)
- Range: 598 km (322 nmi, 371 mi)
- Service ceiling: 5,240 m (17,200 ft) (hovering ceiling, in-ground effect)
Operators[edit | edit source]
- Tianjin Binhai New Area Public Security Bureau
- Beijing Hangxiang Advertising Co., Ltd.
- Yunnan Hump Aircraft Sales Inc.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Global Security - Z-11 light military transport helicopter, article retrieved 26 October 2013.
- [Computer-aided manufacturing CAD/CAM for Z-11]
- Z-11 helicopter variations - AirFoceWorld.com
- [dead link]
- Argentine Minister of Defense nos ofrecieron cooperación tecnológica en materia de radares y helicópteros y, en ese caso, no hicimos opción de la misma,[dead link]
- Jackson 2003, pp. 78–79.
- Fuselage length
- "Z-11 Specifications". sinodefence.com. 1 June 2007. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- Jackson, Paul. Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2003–2004. Coulsdon, UK: Jane's Information Group, 2003. ISBN 0 7106 2537 5.
[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Changhe helicopters.|
- Z-11 Helicopter variations, armed version and photos
- Introduction from Changhe Aircraft Industries
- SinoDefence.com article
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|