|Chaplain of the|
United States Coast Guard
CAPT Gary P. Weeden
since: June 11, 2010
|First||CAPT Eddie B. Moran|
The Chaplain of the United States Coast Guard (CHCG) is the senior chaplain of the United States Coast Guard (USCG) and is attached to USCG Headquarters in Washington, D.C. as a United States Navy Chaplain Corps officer who reports directly to the Commandant of the Coast Guard. The current Chaplain of the Coast Guard is Captain Gary P. Weeden.
The Chaplain of the Coast Guard serves as the Commandant's senior advisor on matters pertaining to chaplains and the free exercise of religion by USCG personnel. Chaplains provide religious ministry, advocate for and promote the well-being of USCG personnel, and serve as command liaison officers to civilian religious leaders, communities, organizations and agencies.
The USCG does not have its own chaplain corps. United States Navy and Public Health Service chaplains from the United States Navy Chaplain Corps are assigned to the USCG to serve in USCG units. The USCG Chaplains Orientation Manual provides guidance for chaplains assigned to these duties. Chaplains come from many different faiths and may be ordained or appointed as ministers, priests, imams, and rabbis.
U.S. Coast Guard Chaplains
|Name||Photo||Term began||Term ended|
|1.||CAPT Eddie B. Moran||1983||1986|
|2.||CAPT Richard A. Plishker||1986||1989|
|3.||CAPT James G. Goode||1989||1992|
|4.||CAPT Thomas K. Chadwick||1992||1995|
|5.||CAPT Skip Blancett||1995||1998|
|6.||CAPT Leroy Gilbert||1998||2002|
|7.||CAPT Wilbur C. Douglass, III||2002||2006|
|8.||CAPT William F. Cuddy, Jr.||2006||2010|
|9.||CAPT Gary P. Weeden||June 11, 2010||Incumbent|
- United States military chaplains
- Chiefs of Chaplains of the United States
- Chaplain's Medal for Heroism
- Armed Forces Chaplains Board
- Biography of the Chaplain of the Coast Guard, CAPT Gary P. Weeden. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- "Locations" of Navy chaplains assigned to USCG (June 5, 2009). U.S. Coast Guard official website (Chaplain of the Coast Guard). Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- The Coast Guard Chaplains Orientation Manual includes "Coast Guard Map of Areas & Districts", "Part A – General Orientation", "USCG Chaplain Orientation Process", "Chapter Two – Coast Guard Chaplains", "History of Coast Guard Chaplains", "Mission of Coast Guard Chaplains", "Coast Guard Chaplains Organizational Structure", "Role of Coast Guard Chaplains", "Part B: Plan of Ministry for Coast Guard Chaplains". Retrieved 2009-12-23.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|