|Nashik, Maharashtra, India|
|Govt. of India|
Maratha Empire ( -1818)
Chauler Fort(Marathi language: चौलेर किल्ला) is a small fort located 100 kilometres (62 mi) north of Nashik, in the Indian state of Maharashtra. This fort can be visited in a day from Nashik. The nearest town is Satana.
Places to see
The fort is located on a high tableland with escarpments on all the sides. There is a statue of Chauranganath on the fort, whose village fair is held every year on Pithuri Amavasya which comes in August every year. There are three entrance gates and 4 rock cut water tanks on the fort. The gates are good example of marvelous architecture.The interior building and the fortification is lying in ruins 
- List of forts in Maharashtra
- List of forts in India
- Marathi People
- List of Maratha dynasties and states
- Maratha War of Independence
- Battles involving the Maratha Empire
- "Chaulher, Western Ghats, Sahyadri, Adventure, Trekking". http://trekshitiz.com/EI/Chaulher-Trek-C-Alpha.html.
- "Nasik District Gazetteers". Cultural.maharashtra.gov.in. 1965-03-31. https://cultural.maharashtra.gov.in/english/gazetteer/Nasik/022%20Places/001%20Place.htm#ChaulerFort. Retrieved 2019-11-11.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|