The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) or Chief of Staff of the Army is a title commonly used for the appointment held by the most senior officer in several nations' armies. Notable country-specific uses of this title are:
- Chief of Army (Australia)
- Chief of Army (Sweden)
- Chief of Army Staff of the Bangladesh Army (COAS)
- Chief of the Army Staff of the Canadian Army
- Chief of Staff of the French Army (French: Chef d'État-Major de l'Armée de Terre, CEMAT)
- Chief of the Army Staff (India) (COAS)
- Chief of Army (New Zealand)
- Chief of Army Staff (Pakistan) (COAS)
- Chief of the General Staff (United Kingdom) (CGS)
- Chief of Staff of the United States Army (CSA)
- Chief of Army Staff (Nigeria) (COAS)
See also[edit | edit source]
- Chief of the Defence Staff (disambiguation)
- Chief of the General Staff
- Chief of the Air Staff (disambiguation)
- Chief of the Naval Staff (disambiguation)
- Chief of Staff (military)
References[edit | edit source]
| This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.