Corneliu Dragalina (5 February 1887, Caransebeş – 11 July 1949, Bucharest) was a Romanian General during World War II, the son of the World War I-general Ion Dragalina. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross (German language: Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes). The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded by the Third Reich to recognise outstanding battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
He was commander of the 6th Army Corps (Romania) in August 1942.
Awards[edit | edit source]
- Order of Michael the Brave 3rd and 2nd Class
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd and 1st Class
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross (9 August 1942)
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht (30 May 1942)
References[edit | edit source]
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer. Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas, 2000. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|