|Cross of Merit|
Current version of Gold Cross of Merit
|Awarded by the President of Poland|
|Type||Medal awarded in three grades: Golden, Silver, and Bronze|
|Awarded for||Exemplary public service or humanitarian work that goes above and beyond the call of duty|
|Clasps||denotes subsequent award|
|Established||June 23, 1923|
|First awarded||November 11, 1923|
|Next (higher)||Cross of Merit with Swords|
Military Cross of Merit with Swords,|
Air Force Cross of Merit with Swords,
Navy Cross of Merit with Swords
The Cross of Merit (Polish language:Krzyż Zasługi ) is a Polish civil state award established on June 23, 1923, to recognize services to the state.
The Order has three grades:
|1. Gold Cross of Merit|
|2. Silver Cross of Merit|
|3. Bronze Cross of Merit|
At the time of its establishment in 1923, the Cross of Merit was the highest civilian award in Poland. It was awarded to citizens who went beyond the call of duty in their work for the country and society as a whole. May be awarded twice in each grade to the same person.
- Michal Kuleczka (Gold Cross of Merit 2013).
- Bogdan Labecki (Gold Cross of Merit 2013).
- John Dodunski (Cross of Merit 2013) - New Zealand - March 2013
- Margaret Scannell née Dodunski (Cross of Merit 2013) - New Zealand - March 2013
- Robert Dodunski (Cross of Merit 2013) - New Zealand - March 2013
- Tomasz Trembowski (Bronze Cross of Merit 2013) - Canada - May 2013 
- Elwira Grossman (Gold Cross of Merit 2013) - Scotland - August 2013
- Rudolf Gundlach (Silver Cross of Merit) - Gundlach tank periscope inventor
- Agnieszka Radwańska (Gold Cross of Merit) - Tennis Player 
- Katarzyna Maria Dziewanowska- (Gold Cross of Merit) Scientific Research - University of Idaho September 26, 2013
- Marcin Pawel Grzadka (Silver Cross of Merit) - Harcmistrz, Co-Founder of YPCPA. & Chairman of Quo Vadis Leadership Conference. - Canada - November 2013
- Natalia Kusendova (Silver Cross of Merit)
- ↑ Edwards, Anna (2012-12-28). "'Visionary pioneer' behind Henri Lloyd brand and who was first to use Velcro in clothing dies aged 87". Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254294/Henri-Lloyd-clothing-founder-dies-aged-87-Visionary-pioneer-use-velcro-clothing-dies.html. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Government House (Award to Canadians)". Canada Gazette. Vol. 147, No. 8 — February 23, 2013. Retrieved March 6th, 2013 from: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2013/2013-02-23/html/gh-rg-eng.html
- ↑ "Government House (Award to Canadians)". Canada Gazette. Vol. 147, No. 4 — January 26, 2013. Retrieved May 3rd, 2013 from: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2013/2013-01-26/html/gh-rg-eng.html#c101
- ↑ http://www.sport.pl/celebrities/51,83535,14244838.html?i=3
- ↑ Grzadka, Marcin (2013-11-12). "Co-founder of, first President, and Chairman of the Young Polish Canadian Professionals Association". YPCPA. http://ypcpa.ca/about-us/board-of-directors/. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- ↑ Grzadka, Marcin (2013-11-12). "Chairman of Quo Vadis 3 - International leadership conference, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada - May 2011. Advisor to 2012 conference in Calgary, Canada & Chicago, USA.". QVC. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1sx-cJpXMg. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|