The Dagger Complex is a US military base in Darmstadt (Germany), close to Griesheim. It is located on the Eberstädter Weg, south of the August-Euler-Airfield.
The complex is operated by the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) on behalf of the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA). Building 4373 within the complex houses the NSA's European Cryptologic Center (ECC), the agency's principal SIGINT processing, analysis and reporting center in Germany. inter
During the Cold War, the complex was used by the 2nd RSM (Radio Squadron Mobil), a unit of the Uinited States Air Force Security Service. There, radio operators, Russian linguists and Cryptographers intercepted, translated and encrypted Soviet radio traffic in an attempt to determine the Soviet intentions from the conversations as well as from the size, direction and duration of the various Soviet sorties in Eastern Europe.
- Christian Fuchs, John Goetz, Frederik Obermaier, Bastian Obermayer and Tanjev Schultz. "Frankfurt: An American Military-Intel Metropolis". Süddeutsche Zeitung. http://international.sueddeutsche.de/post/67469252824/frankfurt-an-american-military-intel-metropolis. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Waid, Matthew (July 22, 2013). "The European Cryptologic Center at Darmstadt, Germany". http://www.matthewaid.com/post/56164997223/the-european-cryptologic-center-at-darmstadt-germany. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Charlie Coon (2003-10-07). "66th MIG assets to begin moving to Darmstadt". Stars and Stripes. http://www.stripes.com/news/66th-mig-assets-to-begin-moving-to-darmstadt-1.12397. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- "News Release HQ U.S. ARMY EUROPE & 7TH ARMY - Standortschließungen in Darmstadt und Hanau" (PDF; 416 kB). Office of the Chief of Public Affairs, Heidelberg. 2007-07-11. http://www.eur.army.mil/transformation/20070711%20Round%2051%20Closures%20GE.pdf. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- Wiesel, Karl (September 26, 2008). "Wiesbaden: Upgrades, new facilities transforming garrison". United States Army. http://www.army.mil/article/12719/. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dagger Complex.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|