|Daniel B. Allyn|
General Daniel Allyn
Commanding General, U.S. Army Forces Command
|Born||September 24, 1959(age 62)|
|Place of birth||Berwick, Maine|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1981 – Present|
United States Army Forces Command|
XVIII Airborne Corps
1st Cavalry Division
Operation Urgent Fury|
Operation Just Cause
Operation Desert Storm
Operation Desert Spring
Operation Enduring Freedom
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Daniel B. Allyn (born September 24, 1959) is a United States Army General, he is currently the commander of United States Army Forces Command. He assumed his current command on May 10, 2013. Previous to this assignment Allyn was the commander of the XVIII Airborne Corps from 2012 to 2013.
Career[edit | edit source]
Allyn graduated from the US Military Academy at West Point, New York in 1981. He went on to serve overseas in Korea, Grenada, Egypt, Panama, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan as a combat infantryman and a master parachutist.
References[edit | edit source]
- "FORSCOM | The United States Army". Forscom.army.mil. http://www.forscom.army.mil/cmd_staff/GEN_Allyn/GEN_Allyn.htm. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- "Maj. Gen. Joseph Anderson nominated to command Fort Bragg, 18th Airborne Corps". Fayobserver.com. 2013-05-09. http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/08/1255647?sac=fo.military. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- , Army.mil, May 10, 2013
[edit | edit source]
- 2011/7 MCC Program 2013 (Final).pdf Mission Command in Today's Army
- Allyn promoted, becomes 20th commanding general of U.S. Army Forces Command
- Official Bio as Chief of Staff, XVIII Airborne Corps
- Maj. Gen. Joseph Anderson nominated to command Fort Bragg, 18th Airborne Corps
David M. Rodriguez
|Commanding General, United States Army Forces Command
|Commanding General, XVIII Airborne Corps
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|