David Hume Baker (October 7, 1841 – June 1, 1917) was a state senator in the US states of Kentucky and Florida. His historic home, which was built between 1886 and 1890, still stands in Wildwood, Florida, and hosts various events. The home was built in what was then the community of Orange Home, Florida. The Baker House was part of a 1,200-acre property. The house stayed in the family for several generations before it was sold to the City of Wildwood in 2012. A historical marker was added at the site of the Baker House in 2019.
During the Civil War, Baker served in the Union Army as a member of the 12th Kentucky Cavalry Regiment. He was a state senator in Kentucky from 1873 until 1875. Baker then moved from Muhlenberg County, Kentucky, to Orange Home, Florida. Baker served in the Florida Legislature from 1886 until 1890.
- "Baker House | Sumter County Tourism". https://discoversumterfl.com/baker-house/.
- "Baker House – The City of Wildwood, Florida". https://www.wildwood-fl.gov/?SEC=8C04E966-19A4-4314-94E0-97C1CDE02326.
- "Villager happy to take on leadership role with Wildwood's Baker House - Villages-News.com". February 22, 2020. https://www.villages-news.com/2020/02/22/villager-happy-to-take-on-leadership-role-with-wildwoods-baker-house/.
- "Woman who grew up in Baker House in Wildwood grateful for community's preservation efforts - Villages-News.com". December 23, 2018. https://www.villages-news.com/2018/12/22/woman-who-grew-up-in-baker-house-in-wildwood-grateful-for-communitys-preservation-efforts/.
- by, Deborah Carr Hollingsworth, Foreword (August 20, 2019). Haunted Sumter County, Florida. Arcadia Publishing. ISBN 9781467144209. https://books.google.com/books?id=x0WrDwAAQBAJ&q=%22david+hume+baker%22&pg=PA54.
- Correspondent, Linda Florea /. "Wildwood's Baker House gets historical marker dedication". https://www.dailycommercial.com/news/20190505/wildwoods-baker-house-gets-historical-marker-dedication.
- Chronicle, Special to the. "Timucua Dames place historical marker". https://www.chronicleonline.com/lifestyle/timucua-dames-place-historical-marker/image_3983b226-75b9-11e9-a7a5-6ba521ccc8b4.html.
- "David Hume Baker (1841-1917) - Find A Grave..." (in en). https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/34459741/david-hume-baker.
- Grenier, Bob (July 7, 2014). Central Florida's Civil War Veterans. Arcadia Publishing. ISBN 9781439646045. https://books.google.com/books?id=lHTxAwAAQBAJ&q=%22david+hume+baker%22&pg=PA35.
- "Ingraham Expedition: David Mathias Baker". http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/spec/ingraham/expedition/BakerDM.htm.
- "Out and About | SumterCountyTimes.com". https://www.sumtercountytimes.com/content/out-and-about-38.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|