KRI Ki Hajar Dewantara
|Builders:||Uljanik Shipyard, Yugoslavia|
|Succeeded by:||Diponegoro class|
|Displacement:||1,850 tons full load|
|Length:||96.7 m (317 ft 3 in)|
|Beam:||11.2 m (36 ft 9 in)|
|Draught:||3.55 m (11 ft 8 in)|
|Range:||6,400 km (4,000 mi) at 20 knots (37 km/h; 23 mph)|
|Complement:||91 crew, 14 instructor, 100 cadets|
|Sensors and |
1 x 57-mm Bofors 57/70 gun
2 x 20-mm Rheinmetall Rh 202 Mk20 anti-air cannon
2 x 2 MM38 Exocet missile
Mistral surface-to-air missile
2 x 533-millimetre (21 in) torpedo tubes for AEG SUT torpedo
|Aircraft carried:||1 x NBO-105 or Westland Wasp helicopter|
The Dewantara-class, Indonesian designation KDA-364 is a class of corvette ship that was mostly used as training ship by Indonesian Navy and commissioned between 1981 and 2019. The ship's name was based on Ki Hajar Dewantara, a leading Indonesian independence movement activist, writer, columnist, politician, and pioneer of education for native Indonesians in Dutch colonial times. He founded the Taman Siswa school, an institution that provided education for indigenous commoners, which otherwise was limited to the Javanese aristocracy and the Dutch colonials. He was honored as a National Hero of Indonesia by Indonesia's first president, Sukarno, on November 28, 1959.
KRI Ki Hajar Dewantara was ordered on 14 March 1978 from Uljanik Shipyard, Yugoslavia, where the hull was built and engines fitted. Armament and electronics were fitted in the Netherlands and Indonesia. In peacetime period, the ship were used for training and troop transport. SUT wire-guided torpedoes are launched from the torpedo tubes directly aft from the stern.
In 1992, KRI Ki Hajar Dewantara, along with KRI Yos Sudarso and KRI Teluk Banten intercepted a Portuguese ship, the Lusitania Expresso in East Timor. Col. Widodo, deputy assistant of the Indonesian Navy's Eastern Fleet, told Radio Republik Indonesia from aboard the Indonesian warship KRI Yos Sudarso that the ferry entered Indonesian waters at 5:28 a.m. local time on March 11, 1992. At 6:07, the Lusitania Expresso had traveled two to three nautical miles into Indonesian territory and Captain Luis Dos Santos (Lusitania's captain) was ordered to leave immediately. Col. Widodo said the Portuguese ship captain obeyed the order and turned his ship around and headed back to sea.
KRI Ki Hajar Dewantara was used to be part of the Indonesian Navy's striking force that has the ability to cruising in vast area and have qualified weapons for guarding and protecting the territorial waters of the Republic of Indonesia. The ship was officially decommissioned on August 16, 2019 during a ceremony that were held by Indonesian Navy officials along with four other ships.
According to Jane's Fighting Ships 1983–1984, KRI Ki Hajar Dewantara (364) turned out to have one sister ship, Ibn Khaldoum (F507), later renamed as Ibn Marjid which was operated by the Iraqi Navy. The Ibn Marjid was mainly used as a training ship and as a transport during Iran–Iraq War and was still operational in 1989. She was sunk in the United States air attacks during the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003.
List of ships
|Name||Hull number||Builder||Laid down||Launched||Commissioned||Decommissioned||Status|
|KRI Ki Hajar Dewantara||364||Uljanik Shipyard||11 May 1979||11 October 1980||20 August 1981||16 August 2019||Retired on August 16, 2019.|
- List of active Indonesian Navy ships
- Equipment of the Indonesian Navy
- List of former ships of the Indonesian Navy
- "KRI Ki Hajar Dewantara 364: Korvet Latih Pencetak Perwira Tempur TNI AL". October 16, 2014. https://www.indomiliter.com/kri-ki-hajar-dewantara-364-korvet-latih-pencetak-perwira-tempur-tni-al/.
- Decree of the President of the Republic of Indonesia No. 305 of 1959, dated November 28, 1959.
- S, Admin (May 6, 2020). "Asal mula dan kisah dibalik nama Ki Hajar Dewantara". https://www.ngaderes.com/asal-usul-nama-ki-hajar-dewantara/.
- "HAJAR DEWANTARA training frigate (1981)". https://www.navypedia.org/ships/indonesia/ino_es_hajar_dewantara.htm.
- "portuguese ship lusitania expresso fails to reach east timor". https://www.ucanews.com/story-archive/?post_name=/1992/03/12/portuguese-ship-lusitania-expresso-fails-to-reach-east-timor&post_id=40898#.
- "KRI Ki Hajar Dewantara gelar operasi pengamanan laut Papua". https://papua.antaranews.com/berita/457170/kri-ki-hajar-dewantara-gelar-operasi-pengamanan-laut-papua.
- "Lima Kapal Perang TNI AL Pensiun". August 16, 2019. https://lancerdefense.com/2019/08/16/lima-kapal-perang-tni-al-pensiun/.
- "KRI Ki Hajar Dewantara (364), Kapal Perang Latih TNI AL Yang Akan Pensiun". January 4, 2019. https://www.hobbymiliter.com/9321/kri-ki-hajar-dewantara-364-kapal-perang-latih-tni-al-yang-akan-pensiun/.
- "F507 Ibn Marjid Frigate - Iraqi Armed Forces Forums منتدى القوات المسلحة العراقية". http://iraqimilitary.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=104.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|