|Birth name||Edor Albert Hjukström|
|Born||6 May 1916|
|Died||27 October 2002(aged 86)|
|Place of birth||Sorsele, Sweden|
|Place of death||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Years of service||1942-|
|Awards||Order of the Sword|
Edor Albert Hjukström (8 May 1916 – 27 October 2002) was a Swedish military officer and skier. His last rank was lieutenant colonel. At the 1948 Winter Olympics he participated in the demonstration event military patrol (precursor to biathlon). His team finished first in the military patrol event.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Hjukström was born in Sorsele, Sweden and was the son of huntmaster Gustaf Hjukström and Ida (née Abrahamsson). He was the youngest son and he had three brothers. After his primary education he was a forestry worker for three years before he joined the Västerbotten Regiment in Umeå. In 1937 he completed the NCO training at the Arméns Underofficersskola in Uppsala, the Swedish Army warrant officers school, and achieved the higher education entrance qualification. In 1939 he won the army masterships, He had the rank of a ensign when he was transferred to the Dalarna Regiment in 1942, where he to part at the regiment's military patrol events in 1941, in 1942 and in 1944. In 1944 he was advanced to the rank of a lieutenant and became ski master of the Swedish Army in the following year. From 1946 to 1948 he was platoon leader at the ranger school Kiruna, and became captain in 1950, when he entered Military Academy Karlberg. From 1953 to 1955 he was General Staff candidate, became major in 1962, and was deputy battalion commander. In 1966, advanced to the rank of an lieutenant colonel, he was transferred to the army staff of the Chief of the Army.
Other work[edit | edit source]
He was chairman of the Swedish Outdoor Association (Skid- och friluftsfrämjandet) in Umeå from 1965.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
In 1954, he married Rosa Carlsson (born 1931), the daughter of master builder Carl Carlsson and Edith Carlsson. He was the father of Björn (born 1956) and Peter (born 1963).
Awards[edit | edit source]
- Knight of the Order of the Sword
- Central Association for Officer Training's badge of merit in gold (Centralförbundet för befälsutbildnings förtjänsttecken i guld)
References[edit | edit source]
- Davidsson, Åke, ed (1968) (in Swedish). Vem är vem?. 5, Norrland : supplement, register (2nd ed.). Stockholm: Vem är vem. p. 703. http://runeberg.org/vemarvem/norr68/0727.html.
- "Överstelöjtnant Edor Hjukström till minne" (in Swedish). Archived from the original on July 19, 2011. https://web.archive.org/20110719092759/http://www.dalademokraten.se/ArticlePages/200405/17/1000220578_TT/1000220578_TT.dbp.asp.
- Davidsson, Åke, ed (1968) (in Swedish). Vem är vem?. 5, Norrland : supplement, register (2nd ed.). Stockholm: Vem är vem. p. 171. http://runeberg.org/vemarvem/norr68/0195.html.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|