|Born||19 November 1916|
|Died||10 July 1993(aged 76)|
|Place of birth||Bielefeld, Germany|
|Place of death||Bielefeld, Germany|
|Years of service||1937–1945|
|Rank||Major of the Reserves|
|Commands held||II./ Grenadier-Regiment 266|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Emil Möller (19 November 1916 – 10 July 1993) was a highly decorated Major of the Reserves in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognize extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. He was also awarded the very rare Close Combat Clasp in Gold one of only 631 awards.
Awards and decorations
- West Wall Medal (5 August 1940)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (6 July 1940)
- 1st Class (13 April 1941)
- Wound Badge
- in Black (12 June 1940)
- in Silver (17 December 1941)
- in Gold (7 July 1942)
- Infantry Assault Badge (14 August 1941)
- 1 Tank Destruction Badges for Individual Combatants
- Close Combat Clasp
- Crimea Shield (23 August 1942)
- Order of the Star of Romania
- 1st Class (15 February 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (29 August 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 26 October 1943 as Hauptmann of the Reserves and leader of the I./Grenadier-Regiment 266
- Berger 2004, p. 350.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 256.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches]. Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Berger, Florian (2004) (in German). Ritterkreuzträger mit Nahkampfspange in Gold [Knight's Cross Bearers with the Close Combat Clasp in Gold]. Vienna, Austria: Selbstverlag Florian Berger. ISBN 978-3-9501307-3-7.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.