|Enlisted Person of the Year Ribbon|
Enlisted Person of the Year Ribbon
|Awarded by United States Coast Guard|
|Eligibility||Active duty and reserve USCG personnel, paygrade E-2 through E-6|
|Awarded for||"...the most outstanding active duty and Reserve enlisted person." |
February 16, 1999,|
retroactive to 1994 
|Next (higher)||Coast Guard Reserve Good Conduct Medal|
The Enlisted Person of the Year Ribbon is a decoration of the United States Coast Guard which was established in 1999, though retroactive to 1994, by order of the Commandant of the Coast Guard. The Enlisted Person of the Year Ribbon is annually awarded to two members of the Coast Guard, paygrade E-2 through E-6; the Coast Guard Enlisted Person of the Year (EPOY) and the Coast Guard Reserve Enlisted Person of the Year (REPOY). The selection based on a display of pride, professionalism, and dedication to Coast Guard core values, and is made by a panel of Master Chief Petty Officers, led by the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard (MCPOCG). The decoration is a one time only award and there are no devices authorized for multiple presentations. The Coast Guard Reserve Enlisted Person of the Year was previously called the "NERA Outstanding Enlisted CG Reservist Award".
This award was based on the Outstanding Airman of the Year Ribbon, which is awarded by the United States Air Force. The United States Army, U.S. Navy, and United States Marines have no award equivalent to the Enlisted Person of the Year Ribbon, although do maintain similar programs for yearly recognition of outstanding enlisted personnel.
- ↑ CIM 1650.25C MEDALS AND AWARDS MANUAL PDF (6 MB) from USCG Directives System, Commandant Instruction Manuals
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 CI 1650.36B COAST GUARD ENLISTED PERSON OF THE YEAR (EPOY) PROGRAM PDF (134 KB) from USCG Directives System, Commandant Instructions
- ↑ COAST GUARD ENLISTED PERSON OF THE YEAR RIBBON information from Foxfall Medals
- ↑ COMDTNOTE 1650 CG PERSON/EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR RIBBON AND LAPEL PIN dated R 241841Z JAN 03 (2003) issued by RADM KENNETH T. VENUTO, ASSISTANT COMMANDANT FOR HUMAN RESOURCES
- ↑ "EPOY Award winners" (– Scholar search). Commandant, Director of Reserve & Training, U.S. Coast Guard. June 1998. http://www.uscg.mil/reserve/magazine/mag1998/jun1998/epoywin.htm. Retrieved 2008-02-27. [dead link][dead link]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|