|Born||September 12, 1894|
|Died||25 July 1960(aged 65)|
|Place of birth||Schellenberg|
|Place of death||Hannover|
German Empire (to 1918)|
|Years of service||
|Commands held||76. Infanterie-Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Erhard-Heinrich Berner (12 September 1894 – 25 July 1960) was a highly decorated Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded several divisions. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Erhard Berner was captured by Soviet troops in 1945 and was held until 1955.
Awards and decorations[edit | edit source]
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (18 June 1915)
- 1st Class (13 August 1918)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918 (30 December 1934)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (15 June 1940)
- 1st Class (25 November 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (17 June 1944)
- German Cross in Gold (24 December 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 18 January 1945 as Oberst and commander of Jäger-Regiment 28 
References[edit | edit source]
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 111.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
[edit | edit source]
Oberst Dr. Wilhelm-Moritz Freiherr von Bissing
|Commander of 76. Infanterie-Division
14 February 1945 - 8 May 1945
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|