|Born||June 11, 1945(age 76)|
|Occupation||Historian, retired professor|
Evan Mawdsley (born 11 June 1945) is a British historian and former Professor of International History at the University of Glasgow's School of Humanities,. He specializes in Russian history and the history of World War II.
- The Russian Revolution and the Baltic Fleet. War and Politics, February 1917—April 1918 (Macmillan, 1978)
- The Russian Civil War (Allen & Unwin, 1987)
- Blue Guide to Moscow and Leningrad (W. W. Norton, 1991)
- The Stalin Years: The Soviet Union, 1929–1953 (Manchester University Press, 1998)
- The Soviet Elite from Lenin to Gorbachev: The Central Committee and Its Members, 1917-1991 (Oxford University Press, 2000), with Stephen White
- Thunder in the East: The Nazi-Soviet War, 1941-1945 (Bloomsbury, 2005) (second edition 2016)
- World War II: A New History (Cambridge University Press, 2009)
- December 1941: Twelve Days That Began a World War (Yale University Press, 2011)
- Cambridge History of the Second World War (3 vols, Cambridge University Press, 2015) (General Editor)
- "University of Glasgow - Staff: Evan Mawdsley". University of Glasgow. https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/humanities/staff/evanmawdsley/. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "The Great Patriotic War: 55 years on". BBC News. BBC. 12 May 2000. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/744350.stm. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "Evan Mawdsley". Yale University Press. http://yalebooks.co.uk/author_display.asp?sf1=name_exact&st1=EVANMAWDSLEY&DS=Evan%20Mawdsley. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "Evan Mawdsley" at IMDb
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|