The Naval infantry and Commandos Marine units are under command of the Force maritime des fusiliers marins et commandos (FORFUSCO) in Lorient. It is headed by a general officer with the title of Admiral commandant Les fusiliers marins et commandos (ALFUSCO).
This force carries out:
- Land operations from the sea
- Special operations
- Protection of key sites of the French Navy
- Improvements to the security of elements of the naval forces.
A 2,500-man strong force, the FORFUSCO is the fourth organic force of the French Navy.
Groups and companies of marines are dedicated to the protection of sensitive sites of the Navy (military port, naval aviation base station transmissions, ammunition depot). The marines are also an integral part of buildings as domestic service - called "bidellerie" in navy slang. There are seven companies of marines (CIFUSIL), which provide protection for the following sites:
- Military port of Cherbourg
- Submarine base in Île Longue and pyrotechnics in Guenvénez
- Naval aviation base in Lann Bihoué
- Communications center in Rosnay, Indre
- Communications center in Sainte-Assise, Seine-et-Marne
- Communications center in Villepinte France and South Saissac, Aude
- aviation base in Lanvéoc-Poulmic (unit created on 1 September 2011 after the closure of the naval aviation base in Nimes-Garons)
These seven companies send detachments who take turns every four to six months to ensure the protection of the communications centers of Fort-de-France, Mahina Mahina Super and around Papeete, of Ouen Toro in Noumea, and Rufisque near Dakar . They also support operations of the Naval Commandos (Commandos Marine) and provide the navy with boarding parties and military training.
Marine Commandos are trained to targeted actions in places where it is not feasible to deploy a larger force. They are primarily used by the Special Operations Command (SOC) since 1992. They are six in number: Commando Jaubert, Commando Trepel, Commando de Montfort, Commando de Penfentenyo, Commando Kieffer, and Commando Hubert.
- Marines and navy commandos Site of the Navy
- instruction n° 31/DEF/EMM/PL/ORA June 16, 2005 ron the organization of the FORFUSCO
- Les fusiliers marins et les commandos marine - Musée Site of the national Navy
- Les fusiliers marins et les commandos marine - Magazine LE LIEN Official Website Magazine
- Les fusiliers marins et les commandos marine - École School site marines marine commandos
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|