|File:File:Frank Stolz 1875 public domain USGov.jpg|
|Born||20 July 1844|
|Died||19 November 1926 (aged 82)|
|Place of birth||Dearborn County, Indiana|
|Place of death||Center Township, Indiana|
|Buried at||Holy Cross and Saint Joseph Cemetery, Indianapolis, Indiana|
|Allegiance||United States (Union)|
|Years of service||1862-1865|
|Unit||Company G, 83rd Indiana Infantry|
|Battles/wars||Battle of Vicksburg|
|Awards||Medal of Honor|
Frank Stolz (20 July 1844 - 19 November 1926) was a private in the United States Army who was awarded the Medal of Honor for gallantry during the American Civil War. He was awarded the medal on 9 July 1894 for actions performed during the Battle of Vicksburg in 1863.
Stolz was born in Dearborn County, Indiana on 20 July 1844. He married Anna Wagner in 1870 and fathered 3 children. He died on 19 November 1926 in Center Township, Indiana and was buried in Holy Cross and Saint Joseph Cemetery in Indianapolis.
Stolz enlisted in the Army as a private in Sunman, Indiana on 17 August 1862. He was assigned to G Company of the 83rd Indiana Infantry. On 22 May 1863, at the Battle of Vicksburg, Stolz was a member of a volunteer storming party attacking Confederate lines near the town. For this action, he was awarded the Medal of Honor with the citation:
The President of the United States of America, in the name of Congress, takes pleasure in presenting the Medal of Honor to Private Frank Stolz, United States Army, for gallantry in the charge of the volunteer storming party on 22 May 1863, while serving with Company G, 83d Indiana Infantry, in action at Vicksburg, Mississippi.
- "Frank Stolz (1844-1926) - Find A Grave Memorial" (in en). https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/7876193/frank-stolz.
- "Frank Stolz - Recipient -" (in en). http://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/899.
- "Frank Stolz | U.S. Civil War | U.S. Army | Medal of Honor Recipient" (in en). https://www.cmohs.org/recipients/frank-stolz.
- "American Civil War Research Database". http://www.civilwardata.com/active/hdsquery.dll?SoldierHistory?U&1975257.
- "Stolz, Frank" (in en-US). https://mohmuseum.org/medal_of_honor/stolz-frank/.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|