|Born||14 December 1922|
village Khnov, Samur district, Dagestan, USSR
|Died||28 February 1981 (aged 58)|
Makhachkala, Dagestan ASSR, USSR
|Battles/wars||the Russian Great Patriotic War|
the Award of the Red Star,
the Medal For a victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War (Russia) 1941-1945,
the Medal Twenty years of a victory in the Great Patriotic War (Russia) 1941-1945,
the Medal Thirty years of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War (Russia) 1941-1945
Aliev Gasret Agaevich (14 December 1922 – 28 February 1981) was a Soviet Soldier who participated in the Great Patriotic War. He held various ranks in different government organizations during his life, most notably he was the 1st secretary of the CPSU in Rutul 1957-1961, while residing in the village Hin.
Biography[edit | edit source]
In 1942 Aliev was drafted into the Red Army. That same year he was sent to fight on the frontlines of the Great Patriotic War.
On the night of September 26, 1943, Scout G. A. Aliev was in a structured scouting group of 19 soldiers under the command of the lieutenant Shpakovskogo (the rank of Hero of Soviet Union is appropriated by one Decree with Aliev) were forwarded through the Dnepr River around the village of Soshinovka (Dnepropetrovsk area). Through that night and the next day, the group deflected counterattacks by their opponent. Personally, Aliev in hand-to-hand combat and by firing his automatic machine gun eliminated more than 80 German troops. In the subsequent fights for their bases expansion, Aliev provided command with important military information about the enemy.
The decree Presidium of the High Committee of the USSR from 1 November 1943"for the successful speeding up of the river Dnepr offensive, by strongly fastening the base on the western coast of the river Dnepr both the courage shown thus and heroism" to Red Army man Aliev Gazret Agaevich the rank of Hero of Soviet Union with delivery of an award of Lenin and a medal «Gold Star» is appropriated.
In 1944 G. A. Aliev ended his courses as a second lieutenant. From 1946 on, lieutenant Aliev lived and worked in Makhachkala. He died 28 February 1981.
Awards[edit | edit source]
- Medal Gold Star the Hero of Soviet Union (1937)
- Lenin's Award
- Award of the Red Star
- Medal For a victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945
- Anniversary medal Twenty years of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945
- Anniversary medal Thirty years of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945
Memory[edit | edit source]
- G. A. Aliev is buried in a city Makhachkala.
Further reading[edit | edit source]
- "The Heroes of Soviet Union" (Герои Советского Союза in Russian).
- "Rutuls" (19th and beginning of the 20th centuries). Historic-ethnographic research. 1997
- "We Name by name". The book of memory. (Назовем поименно. Книга памяти in Russian). 2002
- "Sketches of history of Dagestan" (Очерки истории Дагестана in Russian). 1957
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|Wikiquote has media related to: Gasret Aliev|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gasret Aliev.|
- The site of village Shinaz, Dagestan, Russia (Russian)
- The official site of Rutul region (Russian)
- The site of Rutul region (Russian)
- Rutul National Site (Russian)
- About Rutuls (Russian)
References[edit | edit source]
- Nowadays Dagestan, Russia.
- "Hero from the Hnov (note: Hnov-village in Dagestan) [Герой из Хнова"] (in Russian). the Newspaper «Dagestan truth». on May, 11th 2010. http://www.dagpravda.ru/?com=materials&task=view&page=material&id=10721. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- the "Izvestia" ("Известия" on russian) Newspaper № 259 from November, 2nd, 1943 with the published Decree about assignment of a rank of the Hero of Soviet Union, Accessed 4 September 2010
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|