Guillaume Emmanuel Guignard, vicomte de Saint-Priest (4 March 1776, Constantinople – 29 March 1814) was a French émigré general who fought in the Russian army during the French Revolutionary Wars and the Napoleonic Wars.
Guillaume Emmanuel became a major-general in the Russian army under Czar Alexander I of Russia, and fought against the forces of Napoleon. Some weeks before the Battle of Leipzig, he and his cavalry finally defeated the troops of French brigade general François Basile Azemar in the Battle of Grossdrebnitz. Saint-Priest was defeated and mortally wounded during the 1814 Allied invasion of France in the battle of Reims and died two weeks later at Laon.
Honours and awardsEdit
- Order of St. Anna, 1st class
- Order of St. Vladimir, 2nd class
- Order of St. George, 2nd class
- Order of St. George, 3rd class
- Order of St. George, 4th class
- Order of St. John of Jerusalem
- Pour le Mérite (Prussia)
- Gold Sword for Bravery with diamonds
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|