The Project 58150 Gurza (Desert Viper) class is a series of small armored artillery boats built for the Ukrainian Navy and the Uzbek Frontier Service. The whole class is produced by the Leninska Kuznya (Kiev).
The original and modernized classes are developed by the State Research and Design Shipbuilding Center (Mykolaiv).
The modernized Project 58155 Gurza-M for the Ukrainian Navy started to be built at the Leninska Kuznya in October 2012. Originally it was planned to build nine such vessels by 2017. In December 2013 the Ministry of Defense withdrew its contract.
In summer of 2014 construction of Gurza-M was revived and the first two vessels are expected to be completed in fall of 2015. The new military contract is for 20 vessels that should be completed by 2017.
Operators[edit | edit source]
- Uzbekistan: Uzbek Frontier Service (Armed Forces of the Republic of Uzbekistan)
- Ukraine: Ukrainian Navy
References[edit | edit source]
- Project of armored boat Gurza. Military Review. 1 July 2011
- Ukraine is completing creation of the River battle fleet. Agency of Strategic Research. 3 January 2013
- At the capital city factory in shocking pace are being built armored boats for the Odessa river division of Ukrainian Navy. Dumskaya. 3 February 2015
[edit | edit source]
- Gurza-M at the State Research and Design Shipbuilding Center
- Gyurza at the State Research and Design Shipbuilding Center
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|