|Chief of the Luftwaffe Personnel Office|
29 April 1945 – 8 May 1945
|Preceded by||Robert Ritter von Greim|
|Succeeded by||Bruno Loerzer|
|Born||2 February 1881|
Trumpfsee-Warnitz, German Empire
|Died||4 May 1945 (aged 64)|
Berchtesgaden, Nazi Germany
|Allegiance|| German Empire|
|Service/branch|| Germany Air Force|
Germany Air Force
|Rank||General der Flieger|
|Battles/wars||World War I
Early years[edit | edit source]
In 1899, he became a member of the Burschenschaft Hevellia Berlin. Kirdorf occurred on February 5, 1904, as Fahnenjunker in the Infantry Regiment Lutzow Nr. 25. There he was first a company officer, later an adjutant of the first battalion and last regimental adjutant until March 21, 1914. Then he was from March 22, to August 3, 1914, company officer in the infantry regiment Graf Barfuß No. 17. Here he made in July 1914 a pilot training.
World War I[edit | edit source]
With the outbreak of First World War Kirdford acted from August 4 to September 10, 1914 as General Staff Officer and leader of the flyer Detachment Deputy of the XIV Corps (German Empire). He acted on several positions and was not wounded. From January 1919 to June 1919 he was commander of the Neuruppin airport. He left the army on June 8, 1919.
Reichswehr[edit | edit source]
On August 1, 1927, Kirdorf was employed by the Reichswehr as a civilian employee and graduated in that capacity until the end of September 1930 a secret aviator training in the Soviet Union. After returning to Germany, he became the head of the advertising department of the German Air Sports Association. He held this function from October 1, 1930, until the end of March 1934.
Air Force and World War II[edit | edit source]
From April 1, 1934, to the end of June 1938 Kirdorf became head of the flight readiness of the Ministry of Aviation (Nazi Germany). After some other positions he became on February 1, 1939, head of the staff-office of the Luftwaffe. In April 1943 he received another position. On May 4, 1945, Kastner-Kirdorf committed suicide.
Promotions[edit | edit source]
- February 19, 1904, Fahnenjunker - Gefreiter
- May 30, 1904, Fahnenjunker - Unteroffizier
- September 15, 1904, Fähnrich
- November 15, 1904, Lieutenant
- November 19, 1911, Lieutenant
- November 28, 1914, Captain
- October 20, 1919, as a character Major
- April 1, 1934, Lieutenant Colonel
- October 1, 1935, Colonel
- June 1, 1938, Major general
- January 1, 1940, Lieutenant General
- July 1, 1941, General der Flieger
References[edit | edit source]
- Willy Nolte (Hrsg.): Burschenschafter-Stammrolle. Verzeichnis der Mitglieder der Deutschen Burschenschaft nach dem Stande vom Sommer-Semester 1934. Berlin 1934, S. 235.
Further reading[edit | edit source]
- Bradley, Dermot (Hrsg.), Karl Friedrich Hildebrand: Die Generale der deutschen Luftwaffe 1935–1945. Die militärischen Werdegänge der Generale, sowie der Ärzte, Veterinäre, Intendanten, Richter und Ministerialbeamten im Generalsrang. Band 2: Habermehl–Nuber. Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück 1991, ISBN 3-7648-1701-1, p. 153–154.
- Dvorak, Helge: Biographisches Lexikon der Deutschen Burschenschaft. Band I: Politiker, Teilband 7: Supplement A–K, Winter, Heidelberg 2013, ISBN 978-3-8253-6050-4. p. 527–528.
Robert Ritter von Greim
|Chief of the Luftwaffe Personnel Office
31 January 1939 – 23 March 1943
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|