|Guyana Defence Force Air Command|
| Roundel of Guyana.svg|
The Air Command was formed in 1968 as a police air wing and in 1973 was remained to Guyana Defen
ce force air command. in 1973. Seven Britten-Norman BN-2A Islander were delivered over a five-year period in the 1970s and then were supplemented by Short Skyvans series 3Ms in 1979. In 1986 3 Mil Mi-8 were delivered. The GDF currently operates three fixed-wing aircraft and four helicopters. in 1969 the GAF saw action in the Rupununi Uprising against the Rupununi Separatists and Venezuelan indirect support as a transport and COIN force with Burnham allies
|Aircraft||Origin||Type||Versions||In service ||Notes|
|Transport and liaison aircraft|
|Short Skyvan ||United Kingdom||Utility transport||SC-7 Skyvan 3M||1||In service since 1979.|
|Harbin Y-12 Panda||People's Republic of China||Utility transport||Y-12||1||In service since 2002.|
|Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander||United Kingdom||Utility transport||BN-2||2||In service since 2018.|
|Bell 206 JetRanger||United States||Utility helicopter||206B||2||In service since 1976.|
|Bell 412 ||United States||Utility Helicopter||412||1||In service since 1984.|
|RotorWay Exec 162F||United States||Light helicopter||162F||1||In service since 2004.|
|Transport and liaison aircraft|
|Beechcraft Super King Air||United States||Transport and patrol aircraft||King Air 200||1||In service from 1975 to 1992.|
|Britten Norman Islander ||United Kingdom||Transport and patrol aircraft||BN-2A||7||In service from 1971 to 2001. One (8R-GES) crashed on the 15th of December 1986 and another (8R-GFN) was destroyed in a crash on the 6th of January 2001.|
|Cessna 182||United States||Liaison aircraft||182J Skylane||1||In service from 1982 to 1994.|
|Cessna 206||United States||Transport and patrol aircraft||U206G Stationair||1||In service from 1975 to 1995.|
|Embraer EMB 110 Bandeirante||Brazil||Transport aircraft||110P||1||In service from 1984 to 1994.|
|Helio Super Courier||United States||Liaison and patrol aircraft||H-295 Super Courier||3||In service from 1968 to 1971.|
|Aerospatiale Alouette III ||France||Utility helicopter||SA-319B||2||In service from 1975 to 1982.|
|Bell 212 ||United States||Utility helicopter/COIN||3||In service from 1976 to 1994.|
|Mil Mi-8||Soviet Union||Transport and utility helicopter||Hip||3||In service from 1985 to 1991.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "World Military Aircraft Inventory", Aerospace Source Book 2007, Aviation Week & Space Technology, January 15, 2007.
- ↑ "Video footage of the 8R-GRR Skyvan shortly after landing (piloted by Mike Rogers)". 2008-01-23. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4lmoTaPIq0. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Photo of the GDF Short SC-7 Skyvan, 8R-GGK (airliners.net)". 2008-12-07. http://www.airliners.net/photo/Guyana---Air/Short-SC-7-Skyvan/1448416/M/. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Article with exterior and interior photos of the 8R-GGK Skyvan". 2007-04-06. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/195b77/. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Defence Force Islanders arrive in Guyana". Department of Public Information of Guyana. 8 August 2018. http://dpi.gov.gy/defence-force-islanders-arrive-in-guyana. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- ↑ "Article about the Bell 412 and other GDF aircraft at the Guyana Times website (with a larger resolution photograph of the Bell 412 in flight)". 2012-02-09. http://www.guyanatimesinternational.com/?p=13814. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Historical photograph of the BN-2A Islander, code 8R-GEE (post in discussion thread at Key Publishing Ltd. forums)". 2009-01-10. http://forum.keypublishing.com/showpost.php?p=1346865&postcount=525. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Video footage of the 8R-GFN Islander while it was still operating". 2008-01-24. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofRGZ-Bwrck. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Video footage of the 8R-GFN Islander while it was still operating". 2008-01-24. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQXFwDIjB3c. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Video footage of the 8R-GFN Islander while it was still operating". 2008-01-24. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvxocLVzCc4. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Overview of accidents and crashes of Guyanese civilian and military aircraft". 2013-01-11. Archived from the original on 2012-10-17. https://web.archive.org/web/20121017013331/http://baaa-acro.com/Immatriculations/8R%20-%20Guyane.htm. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Photo of the tail section of the crashed GDF BN Islander 8R-GFN". 2013-12-14. http://www.guyanagraphic.com/content/8r-gfn. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Historical photograph of the GDF Aerospatiale Alouette III, 8R-GEL (post in discussion thread at Key Publishing Ltd. forums)". 2006-03-25. http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=127354&d=1148553669. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
- ↑ "Historical photographs of the GDF Bell 212 (post in discussion thread at Key Publishing Ltd. forums)". 2009-01-12. http://forum.keypublishing.com/showpost.php?p=1347736&postcount=540. Retrieved 2013-01-21.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|