|Role||Unmanned air vehicle|
|Primary user||Islamic Republic of Iran Air Defense Force|
|Number built||at least 10 in April 2013|
The H-110 Sarir (Persian: سریر, meaning "Throne") is an Iranian UAV which was unveiled in a ceremony in April 2013 by IRIA. The UAV is optimized for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance roles using electro-optic and infra-red sensors. Iranian state media reports suggest it may be capable of carrying air to air weapons however independent verification of this has yet to emerge. The aircraft is fitted with twin inboard wing pylons to support stores carriage.
Range and endurance data for the type remains unclear. Iranian state media have claimed the UAV has stealth characteristics however its use of twin propellers, in a tractor-pusher configuration, would have the direct result of creating a very large radar cross section, as would its external stores pylons. Likewise the airframe fails to exhibit recognized low observable shaping such as cantered tail surfaces and blended wing body structures.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- [dead link]
- "PressTV - Iran unveils new drone, missile systems". Presstv.ir. 2013-04-18. http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04/18/298940/iran-unveils-new-uav-missiles/. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- [dead link]
- "نمایش پهپاد جدید "سریر" پدافند هوایی در رژه ارتش". Farsnews.com. http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13920129000131. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- "PressTV - Iran displays new weaponry in Army Day". Presstv.ir. 2013-04-18. http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/04/18/298956/iran-marks-national-army-day/. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- Paraszczuk, Joanna (2012-10-14). "Commander: Iran developing UAV with bombing capabilities". Jpost.com. http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Commander-Iran-developing-UAV-with-bombing-capabilities. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- "Iran unveils new drone - WORLD". Globaltimes.cn. 2013-04-18. http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/775908.shtml. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- F_127. "Iran unveils new drone - People's Daily Online". English.peopledaily.com.cn. http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90777/8213397.html. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|