|HNLMS Zeeland (P841)|
File:Hr.Ms. ZEELAND (14973383978).jpg|
HNLMS Zeeland in Rotterdam at the 2014 World Port Days
|Laid down:||8 December 2008|
|Launched:||2 February 2010|
|Commissioned:||23 August 2013|
|Class & type:||Holland-class offshore patrol vessel|
|Displacement:||approx. 3,750 tonnes (3,690 long tons; 4,130 short tons) full load|
|Length:||108.4 m (355 ft 8 in)|
|Beam:||16 m (52 ft 6 in)|
|Draught:||4.55 m (14 ft 11 in)|
|Speed:||21.5 knots (39.8 km/h; 24.7 mph)|
|Range:||5,000 nautical miles (9,300 km; 5,800 mi) at 15 knots (28 km/h; 17 mph)|
|Boats & landing |
|Complement:||54 (+ additional space for 40)|
|Sensors and |
|Aircraft carried:||1 x NH90 helicopter|
|Aviation facilities:||fully equipped hangar and flight deck for one medium-sized helicopter|
HNLMS Zeeland is the second ship of the Holland-class offshore patrol vessels of the Royal Netherlands Navy. The ship was originally designed to fulfill patrol and intervention tasks against lightly armed opponents, such as pirates and smugglers. However, she also has very advanced electronic and radar surveillance capabilities which are used for military stabilisation and security roles, short of outright war. Without sonar or long range weapons, it utilizes the surveillance capabilities of the Thales integrated mast, which integrates communication systems and two 4-faced phased arrays for air and surface search. Zeeland was the second ship of the Holland-class offshore patrol vessels to enter service.
On 6 February 2014, Zeeland rescued seven of the eleven passengers of a turned over boat while it was on its way to the Dutch Caribbean to fullfill patrol duties. Three of the eleven passengers died before Zeeland spotted the boat, one of the passengers was missing.
- "Information Dissemination: The Holland-class OPVs Will Need A Change". 12 March 2010. http://www.informationdissemination.net/2010/03/holland-class-opvs-will-need-change.html. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Oceangoing Patrol Vessel" (in Dutch). 5 August 2008. Archived from the original on 4 May 2007. https://web.archive.org/web/20070504215420/http://www.navyinside.nl/opv.html. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Hollandklasse Patrouilleschepen" (in Dutch). 5 July 2018. https://marineschepen.nl/schepen/holland.html. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Zr.Ms. Zeeland redt drenkelingen" (in Dutch). 7 February 2014. https://marineschepen.nl/nieuws/zeeland-redt-drenkelingen.html. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Liveblog noodhulp orkaan Irma" (in Dutch). 8 September 2017. https://marineschepen.nl/nieuws/live-blog-noodhulp-orkaan-irma.html. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|