Stone wall of Honmaru compound
|Type||Mountaintop style castle|
|Built by||Toyotomi Hidetsugu|
Hachimanyama Castle was built by Toyotomi Hidetsugu in 1585 under orders from Toyotomi Hideyoshi. Azuchi Castle's materials were used in the construction of the castle, also Azuchi city's functions were moved to Hachiman city. In 1595, Kyōgoku Takatsugu moved to Ōtsu Castle and Hachimanyama Castle was abandoned.
Hachimanyam castle is now only ruins, with some stone walls and water moat. Now Zuiryuji-temple is on Honmaru compound. Hachimanyama Ropeway services between the mountaintop and Himure Hachimangū. The castle was listed as one of the Continued Top 100 Japanese Castles in 2017.
- "八幡山城" (in Japanese). しがNavi. https://www.biwako-visitors.jp/spot/detail/884. Retrieved 23 August 2019.
- "豊臣秀吉の後継・秀次の悲劇を伝える城 八幡山城" (in Japanese). Lineトラベル. https://www.travel.co.jp/guide/article/25530/. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "八幡山城" (in Japanese). じゃらん. https://www.jalan.net/kankou/spt_25204af2170018170/. Retrieved 23 August 2019.
- "八幡山城跡" (in Japanese). 攻城団. https://kojodan.jp/castle/127/. Retrieved 23 August 2019.
- "続日本100名城" (in Japanese). 日本城郭協会. http://jokaku.jp/japan-top-100-castles/best-100-castles-of-japan-2nd-selection/. Retrieved 23 August 2019.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|