Harry Elmore Hurd (April 23, 1889 – August 21, 1958) was an American poet and minister.
Harry Hurd was born on April 23, 1889 in New Hampshire. He graduated from Boston University in 1916, and Harvard University in 1922. He was a Chaplain, First Lieutenant with the 33rd Engineers during World War I. He was a minister in Methodist and Congregational churches for eighteen years, in Haverhill, Quincy, and Reading.
Hurd died on August 21, 1958 in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
- Golden Rose Award
- "Autumn Trail". The New Hampshire Troubadour. September 1947. Archived from the original on 2011-07-14. https://web.archive.org/web/20110714180526/http://www.nhtroubadour.com/treasures/t-september-2008/.
- Yankee boundaries: Poems. J. Day Co.. 1949.
- "Desert Sky Hawks". Improvement Era 1936. July 1936. http://search.ldslibrary.com/article/view/1851435.
- West of Eden. Boston, MA: Harry Elmore Hurd. 1934.
- West of East. Priv. print.. 1934.
- Mountains & Molehills: Essays and Poems. R.G. Badger. 1926.
- Possessions of a Sky Pilot. The Four Seas Company. 1923. https://archive.org/details/possessionsofsky00hurd.
- Lowry Charles Wimberly, ed (1943). Prairie schooner caravan; an anthology. University of Nebraska press. https://archive.org/details/prairieschoonerc00wimbrich.
- Poet lore. 47. Writer's Center. 1941.
- Thomas Curtis Clark, ed (1938). The golden book of religious verse: the golden book of faith. Garden City publishing co..
- "Catalogue". 1916. https://books.google.com/?id=zoTOAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA418&dq=Harry+Elmore+Hurd.
- "Bostonia". 1918. https://books.google.com/?id=I-ISAAAAIAAJ&pg=RA2-PA293&dq=Harry+Elmore+Hurd.
- "Plaistow, Westville, and the North Parish". 2001. ISBN 978-0-7385-0943-3. https://books.google.com/?id=DAvgDt9YJSQC&pg=PA104&dq=Harry+Elmore+Hurd.
- "Harvard magazine". 1958. https://books.google.com/?id=t6wTAAAAIAAJ&q=Harry+Elmore+Hurd&dq=Harry+Elmore+Hurd.
- "The Prairie Schooner". 1965. https://books.google.com/?id=cH9ZAAAAIAAJ&q=Harry+Elmore+Hurd&dq=Harry+Elmore+Hurd.
- "Overland monthly, and Out west magazine". 1930. https://books.google.com/?id=QdQSAAAAIAAJ&q=Harry+Elmore+Hurd&dq=Harry+Elmore+Hurd.
- "Voices". 1932. https://books.google.com/?id=n_kHAQAAIAAJ&q=Harry+Elmore+Hurd&dq=Harry+Elmore+Hurd.
- "Saturday review". 1971. ISBN 978-0-8352-0394-4. https://books.google.com/?id=dx0QAAAAIAAJ&dq=Harry+Elmore+Hurd.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|