|Heinrich Alexander Ferdinand Baron von Behr|
|Born||June 26, 1902|
|Died||14 August 1983(aged 81)|
|Place of birth||Roennen|
|Place of death||Bonn|
Weimar Republic (to 1933)|
|Years of service||
90. Panzer-Grenadier-Division (Wehrmacht)|
5. Panzer-Division (Bundeswehr)
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Heinrich Alexander Ferdinand Baron von Behr[Notes 1] (26 June 1902 – 14 August 1983) was a highly decorated Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II and later a Generalmajor in the Bundeswehr. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Heinrich Baron von Behr was captured by British troops in April 1945 and was held until 1947. He later joined the Bundeswehr and served until 1962.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- General Assault Badge
- Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Ärmelband Afrika
- Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (19 September 1962)
- Regarding personal names: Baron was a title, before 1919, but now is regarded as part of the surname. It is translated as . Before the August 1919 abolition of nobility as a separate estate, titles preceded the full name when given (Prinz Otto von Bismarck). After 1919, these titles, along with any nobiliary prefix (von, zu, etc.), could be used, but were regarded as part of the surname, and thus came after a first name (Otto Prinz von Bismarck).
- Thomas 1997, p. 37.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 109.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 76.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 3-7648-2299-6.
Generalleutnant Gerhard von Schwerin
|Commander of 90. Panzer-Grenadier-Division
1 April 1945 - 28 April 1945
|Commander of 5. Panzer-Division (Bundeswehr)
1 October 1956 – 7 December 1959
Generalmajor Günther Pape
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|