|Born||23 January 1914|
|Died||17 February 1960(aged 46)|
|Place of birth||Osnabrück|
|Place of death||Osnabrück|
|Years of service||1934–1945|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Heinrich Becker (23 January 1914 – 17 February 1960) was a highly decorated Leutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Heinrich Becker was captured by British troops in May 1945 and was released in 1947.
Awards and decorations[edit | edit source]
- Panzer Badge of the Condor Legion
- Spanish Cross in Silver with Swords
- Sudetenland Medal
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (9 October 1939)
- 1st Class (25 December 1941)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- Panzer Badge
- Eastern Front Medal
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 15 March 1943 as Oberfeldwebel and platoon leader in the 8. / Panzer-Regiment 31
References[edit | edit source]
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 107.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.