|Born||8 February 1920|
|Died||7 December 1996(aged 76)|
|Place of birth||Jauer|
|Place of death||Munich|
Nazi Germany (to 1945)|
|Years of service||
|Commands held||I. Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 51|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Heinz Finke (8 February 1920 – 7 December 1996) was a highly decorated Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II and an Oberst in the Bundeswehr. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. He was also awarded the very rare Close Combat Clasp in Gold one of only 631 awards. Heinz Finke was captured by Soviet troops in March 1945 and was held until 1955. He later joined the Bundeswehr in 1956 and served until retirement in 1972.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (9 October 1939)
- 1st Class (12 October 1941)
- Wound Badge
- in Black
- in Silver
- Eastern Front Medal
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze
- in Silver (1 October 1943)
- in Gold (February 1945)
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (25 January 1944)
- German Cross in Gold (5 September 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 4 May 1944 as Hauptmann and commander of I. / Grenadier-Regiment 51 (motorisiert) 
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 151.
- Berger, Florian (2004) (in German). Ritterkreuzträger mit Nahkampfspange in Gold [Knight's Cross Bearers with the Close Combat Clasp in Gold]. Vienna, Austria: Selbstverlag Florian Berger. ISBN 978-3-9501307-3-7.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches]. Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.