|Otto Hellmuth Böhlke|
|Born||7 February 1893|
|Died||8 April 1956(aged 63)|
|Place of birth||Lubahn|
|Place of death||Bad Mergentheim|
German Empire (to 1918)|
Weimar Republic (to 1920)
|Years of service||
|Commands held||334. Infanterie-Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
|Other work||Police officer|
Otto Hellmuth Böhlke (7 February 1893 – 8 April 1956) was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded the 334. Infanterie-Division. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Hellmuth Böhlke was captured by British troops in April 1945 and held until 1947.
Awards and decorations[edit | edit source]
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (12 October 1915)
- 1st Class (20 July 1916)
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918 (10 December 1934)
- Anschluss Medal
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (19 September 1939)
- 1st Class (9 November 1939)
- Eastern Front Medal (28 July 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (27 October 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mentioned twice in the Wehrmachtbericht (29 June 1944 and 24 September 1944)
References[edit | edit source]
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 117.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 80.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
[edit | edit source]
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Hellmuth Böhlke @ Axis Biographical Research
Generalleutnant Walter Scheller
|Commander of 334. Infanterie-Division
27 November 1943 – 16 April 1945
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|