Honoured Test Pilot of the USSR
Obverse of the insignia for Honoured Test Pilot of the USSR
|Awarded by Soviet Union|
|Eligibility||Citizens of the Soviet Union|
|Awarded for||Excellence in Experimental Aviation|
|Status||No longer awarded|
|Established||August 14, 1958|
|First awarded||February 17, 1959|
|Related||Honoured Test Navigator of the USSR|
The Honorary Title "Honoured Test Pilot of the USSR" (Russian: Заслуженный лётчик-испытатель СССР) was a state military and civilian award of the Soviet Union established on August 14, 1958 by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet № 2523-X to recognise courage and excellence in experimental aviation. Its statute was confirmed on August 22, 1988 by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet № 9441-XI. The title ceased to be awarded following the December 1991 dissolution of the Soviet Union.
Award Statute[edit | edit source]
The honorary title "Honoured Test Pilot of the USSR" was awarded to military and civilian test-pilots 1st class of the civilian aircraft industry and of the Ministry of Defence of the USSR, for multiple years of creative work in the field of testing and research of new aviation technologies.
The Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR was the main conferring authority of the award based on recommendations from the Ministry of Defence of the USSR (Russian: Министерство обороны СССР) or from the Ministry of the Aviation Industry of the USSR (Russian: Министерство авиационной промышленности СССР).
The insignia "Honoured Military Test Pilot of the USSR" was worn on the right side of the chest and in the presence of other orders, placed above them. If worn with honorary titles of the Russian Federation, the latter have precedence.
Award Description[edit | edit source]
The honorary title of "Honoured Test Pilot of the USSR" was a 27mm wide by 23mm high silver and nickel polygon with raised edges. At the top of the obverse, the relief inscription in three lines covered to the left "HONOURED TEST PILOT" (Russian: ЗАСЛУЖЕННЫЙ ЛËТЧИК-ИСПЫТАТЕЛЬ), in the center, the gilt tombac image of a jet plane climbing diagonally towards the right its nose and tail slightly protruding over the edges, at the bottom, the relief inscription "USSR" (Russian: СССР) superimposed over a laurel branch.
The insignia was secured to a standard Soviet square mount by a silver plated ring through the suspension loop. The mount was covered by a silk moiré blue ribbon. It was secured to clothing by a threaded stud and nut or by a pin attachment.
Recipients (partial list)[edit | edit source]
- Senior Lieutenant Yury Garrievich Abramovich
- Major General Toktar Ongarbayuly Aubakirov
- Lieutenant Colonel Sultan Amet-khan
- Colonel Igor Petrovich Volk
- Captain Yuri Alexandrovich Garnaev
- Major General Vladimir Sergeyevich Ilyushin
- Lieutenant Colonel Rafael Ivanovich Kapreliants
- Major General Vladimir Konstantinovich Kokkinaki
- Major Rimantas Antanas Stankevičius
- Colonel Boris Alekseevich Abramov
- Captain Ivan Egorovich Avdeev
- Major Sergey Timofeevich Agapov
- Colonel Nicholas Grigor'evich Alifanov
- Senior Lieutenant Herman Vital'evich Alferov
- Colonel Sergey Nikolaevich Anokhin
- Colonel Yuri Aleksandrovich Antipov
- Colonel Simon Mikheevich Antonov
- Nicholaï Nicholaevich Arzhanov
- Major General Alexander Savich Bezhevets
- Colonel Peter Nikiforovich Belyasnik
- Captain Stanislav Grigor'evich Bliznyuk
- Colonel Arkady Pavlovich Bogorodsky
- Lieutenant Colonel Vasily Petrovich Borisov
- Major General Valentin Petrovich Vasin
- Captain Georgy Nikolaevich Volokhov
- Boris Karpovich Galitsky
- Colonel Mark Lazarevich Gallaï
- Captain Alexander Yur'evich Garnaev
- Nicholaï Iosifovich Goryainov
- Colonel Ivan Mikaïlovich Dziuba
- Viktor Vasil'evich Zabolotsky
- Captain Nikolaï Aleksandrovich Zamyatin
- Colonel Vasily Gavrilovich Ivanov
- Lieutenant Colonel Peter Ivanovich Kazmin
- Major Anatoly Nikolaevich Kvochur
- Colonel Konstantin Konstantinovich Kokkinaki
- Lieutenant Colonel Boris Vladimirovich Larionov
- Valerii Evgen'evich Menitsky
- Valerii Valentinovich Winkies
- Lieutenant General Stepan Anastasovich Mikoyan
- Colonel Fedor Fedorovich Opadchy
- Petr Maksimovich Ostapenko
- Colonel Nina Ivanovna Rusakov
- Major Nicholaï Fedorovich Sadovnikov
- Colonel Alexander Nikolaevich Safonov
- Major Eugene Stepanovich Solovyev
- Aviard Gavrilovich Fastovets
- Yurii Petrovich Schaeffer
- Captain Georgy Michaïlovich Shiyanov
- Colonel Aleksei Petrovich Yakimov
See also[edit | edit source]
- Orders, decorations, and medals of the Soviet Union
- Badges and Decorations of the Soviet Union
- Soviet Air Force
References[edit | edit source]
- "Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union № 2523-X of August 14, 1958" (in Russian). Legal Library of the Soviet Union. 1958-08-14. http://www.libussr.ru/doc_ussr/usr_5303.htm. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union № 9441-XI of August 22, 1988" (in Russian). Legal Library of the Soviet Union. 1988-08-22. http://www.libussr.ru/doc_ussr/usr_14984.htm. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of September 7, 2010 No 1099" (in Russian). Russian Gazette. 2010-09-07. http://www.rg.ru/2010/09/15/nagrady-dok.html. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "List of recipients of the honorary title of "Honoured Test Pilot of the USSR" compiled from ru.Wikipedia". Wikipedia. http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%8F:%D0%97%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BB%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5_%D0%BB%D1%91%D1%82%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B8-%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BF%D1%8B%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8_%D0%A1%D0%A1%D0%A1%D0%A0. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "List of recipients of the honorary title of "Honoured Test Pilot of the USSR" compiled from en.Wikipedia". Wikipedia.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|