|Developed from||Loitering Munition family|
The IAI Rotem L or IAI Rotem - Light is an unmanned combat air vehicle developed by the Israel Aerospace Industries. The drone is a quadcopter that can loiter for 30–45 minutes with the maximum range of 10 km. It can carry 1 kg warhead that could be two fragmentation grenades.
Rotem L can be be operated by a single solider. Unlike many loitering drone, Rotem has significant feature that it can be reuse once aborts the mission, and safely land in a safe location.
Data from Israel Aircraft Industries
- Crew: None
- Empty weight: 4.5 kg (9 lb)
- Range: 10 (maximum) km ( miles)
- Endurance: 0 hours 30-45 min
- "IDF expected to buy Rotem L loitering munitions". http://www.janes.com/article/59442/idf-expected-to-buy-rotem-l-loitering-munitions. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "IAI’s ROTEM – Tactical Multirotor Killer Drone". http://defense-update.com/20160216_rotem.html. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "ROTEM L". http://www.iai.co.il/2013/36694-46735-en/Business_Areas_Land.aspx. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- IAI ROTEM L - Multiblade Loitering Munition
- Israel Made a Kamikaze Quadcopter from Hell
- The Quadrotor Drone That Carries a Warhead
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|