|Ivan Gren-class landing ship|
Ivan Gren class
|Name:||Project 11711 Ivan Gren|
|Preceded by:||Ropucha class landing ship|
|Displacement:||5.080 t 6.000 tfl|
6,500 km at 30 km/h |
(3,500 miles at 16 kts)
The first ship is being built in Yantar shipyard in Kaliningrad. The vessel will have a displacement of 5,000-6,000 tons and will be able to carry up to 13 main battle tanks or 60 armoured personnel carriers or 300 marines. The first ship in the class was laid down on 23 December 2004. The hull of the Ivan Gren was completed by the end of November 2010. On October 9, 2010 a contract to increase work on the vessel was signed. The ship was launched on 18 May 2012 and will be delivered to the Russian Navy by 2014.
- 14.02.2011 (2011-02-14). "Yantar shipyard to complete landing ship Ivan Gren in 2012". Rusnavy.com. http://rusnavy.com/news/navy/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=11472. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- 10.09.2010. "Калининградский завод "Янтарь" получил контракт на продолжение строительства десантных кораблей". Flot.com. http://flot.com/news/vpk/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=54495. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- http://www.armstass.su/?page=article&aid=106772&cid=25 (Russian)
- Secret Projects - Project 11711 Ivan Gren
- Harpoondatabases.com - LST Ivan Gren (Project 11711) class
- Globalsecurity Project 11711
- All Ivan Gren class landing ships - Complete Ship List
- Combat fleet of the world 2012
Warning: Display title "<i>Ivan Gren</i> class landing ship" overrides earlier display title "<i>Ivan Gren</i>-class landing ship".
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|