24 July 1929 (age 90)|
Mishuryn Rih, Verkhnodniprovsk Raion, Dnipropetrovsk Okruha
Ivan Hladush (Ukrainian language:Іван Дмитрович Гладуш
- Russian: Иван Дмитриевич Гладуш, Ivan Gladush; b. 24 July 1929) is an Ukrainian militsiya general.
Early life and educationEdit
Hladush was born on 24 July 1929 in village of Mishuryn Rih, Verkhnodniprovsk Raion, Dnipropetrovsk Okruha (today in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast). In 1951 he graduated the Dnipropetrovsk Autotransportation Technicum.
Hladush started out in 1951 as an inspector at the State Auto Inspection (GAI). In 1957 Hladush graduated the All-Union Extramural Engineering Institute in Moscow. In 1963 he was in charge of GAI at the Directorate of General Order Security in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast. In 1968-1974 Hladush headed the Directorate of General Order Security in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast. During that period he graduated the Kiev College of Ministry of Interior Affairs of USSR (today National Academy of Interior Affairs of Ukraine) in 1970 and in 1973 he received a rank of Major General of Militsiya.
In 1974-1977 Hladush was a chief of Directorate of Interior Affairs in Donetsk Oblast. In 1982-1990 he was a minister of Internal Affairs of UkrSSR. In January 1991 Hladush retired as a Colonel General of Militsiya. In 2010 he was awarded a rank of General of Internal Service by the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych.
In April 1988 Ivan Hladush as a minister of Interior headed a government commission in regards to recent findings in woodlands around Darnytsia. The commission came up with its report announcing that in Bykivnia were killed Soviet people by Nazi-Fascist invaders. It was partially true as there was Darnytsia concentration camp in close vicinity. Later another commission confirmed that Bykivnia was hiding much more.
- Fort-12 as "Firearm of Honour" (1997)
- Order of Merit (3rd degree, 1999)
- Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise (5th degree, 2004)
- Order of Bohdan Khmelnytsky (3rd degree, 2008)
- Soviet awards orders of Red Banner, Red Banner of Labour, Badge of Honour
- ↑ Presidential ukase. About awarding special ranks (Про присвоєння спеціальних звань). Verkhovna Rada website. 20 August 2010
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Kipiani, V. Bykivnia "for the first category" (Биківня «за першою категорією»). The Ukrainian Week. 24 September 2012
- ↑ Ivan Hladush: "I do not really like hunting. Shooting ducks, rabbits is as shooting by firing squad or something" (Иван Гладуш: «Не очень люблю охоту. Стрелять уток, зайцев — расстрел какой-то получается»). Fakty. 29 July 2011
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|