|Status||Ruined (renovation announced)|
|Town or city||Purnia|
The fort is a large quadrangular structure and has high walls which helped to protect the wall from Nepalese invasion. Experts claims, this fort is an embodiment of the beauty of both Hindu and Islamic architecture.
In January 2012, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced that Government of Bihar would be restoring and repairing this old fort. He ordered Purnia district authorities to do this restoration work.
- Oriental Geographer. Bangladesh Geographical Society. 1964. p. 121. https://books.google.com/books?id=byAcAAAAMAAJ. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Bihar: Jalalgarh fort to be restored". http://zeenews.india.com/news/bihar/bihar-jalalgarh-fort-to-be-restored_751884.html. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Jalalgarh Fort, Purnia". http://www.brandbihar.com/english/districts/purnea/jalalgarh_fort_purnea.html. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Bihar directory". bih.nic.in. http://yac.bih.nic.in/Da-02.htm. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Nitish visit draws tourists to forgotten fort". http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120112/jsp/bihar/story_14995407.jsp#.UNte36wUDcc. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|