|James Rowland Eubank|
|Louisiana State Representative|
for Rapides Parish
May 1952 – November 9, 1952
|Preceded by||Lawrence T. Fuglaar
W. George Bowdon, Jr.
|Succeeded by||Lloyd George Teekell|
|Born||December 8, 1914|
Place of birth missing
|Died||November 9, 1952 (aged 37)|
Alexandria, Rapides Parish
|Resting place||Greenwood Memorial Park in Pineville, Louisiana|
|Spouse(s)||Katherine Bringhurst Eubank|
|Relations||Swords Lee (maternal grandfather)|
|Children||Robert Benjamin Eubank|
Elizabeth Tracy Eubank
|Parents||Maude Lee and Benjamin Franklin Eubank|
|Alma mater||Louisiana State University Law Center|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
James Rowland Eubank (December 8, 1914 – November 9, 1952) was a lawyer from Alexandria, Louisiana, who served for six months during 1952 in the Louisiana House of Representatives for Rapides Parish. He died in office at the age of thirty-seven from a heart attack.
Eubank was a floor leader for Governor Robert F. Kennon. He was succeeded in the House by Lloyd George Teekell, another Alexandria lawyer who won a special election in 1953 to fill the remaining three years of Eubank's term.
Eubank was the only child of Maude Lee Eubank (1885-1958) and Benjamin Franklin Eubank (1882-1962), a former official of the Louisiana State Police and the state hospital system. Eubank and his wife, the former Katherine Bringhurst, had two children, Robert Benjamin Eubank (born 1942) and Elizabeth Tracy Eubank (born August 1943). Eubank was a maternal grandson of Swords Lee, a timber businessman in Pollock and Alexandria, who represented Grant Parish in the Louisiana House from 1904 to 1908. He was a descendant of the Lee family of Virginia. His middle name is derived from his great-grandmother, Martha Roland Lee, spelled without the "w".
- "Membership in the Louisiana House of Representatives, 1812-2012". house.louisiana.gov. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141006105414/http://house.louisiana.gov/H_PDFdocs/HouseMembership_History_CURRENT.pdf. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "James Rowland Eubank". Baton Rouge Advocate. November 10, 1952. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=98916108. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "Maude Lee Eubank". findagrave.com. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=98916110. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "Benjamin Franklin Eubank". findagrave.com. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=98916107. Retrieved December 28, 2014.
- "Col. Stephen R. Lee of Alexandria Dies at His Home Feb. 13: Industrial and Political Leader, Descendant of Famous Lees". Winnfield, Louisiana: Winnfield News-American. February 22, 1929. http://files.usgwarchives.net/la/winn/obits/l/leesr229.txt. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
W. George Bowdon, Jr.
T. C. Brister
|Louisiana State Representative for Rapides Parish
James Rowland Eubank
Lloyd George Teekell
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|