|Jobst-Hilmar von Bose|
|Born||21 September 1897|
|Died||26 March 1949(aged 51)|
|Place of birth||Berlin|
|Place of death||Bamberg|
German Empire (to 1918)|
Weimar Republic (to 1919)
|Years of service||1914–1945|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Jobst-Hilmar von Bose (21 September 1897 – 26 March 1949) was a highly decorated Oberst in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorationsEdit
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (13 April 1915)
- 1st Class (20 March 1918)
- Cross for Merit in War (Saxe-Meiningen)
- Rescue Medal with ribbon (Prussia), (1926)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918 (21 December 1934)
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award, 2nd Class with 4th Class (1936)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (8 March 1940)
- 1st Class (25 July 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (29 December 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal (27 July 1942)
- Infantry Assault Badge in Silver (15 November 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (22 March 1945)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 4 December 1941 as Oberstleutnant and commander of I. / Infanterie-Regiment 289 134
Medal for Merit in War  Infantry Assault Badge
- ↑ Fellgiebel 2000, p. 120.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches]. Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.