John Charles Pritzlaff Jr. (May 10, 1925 – May 2, 2005) was a Republican politician from Arizona. Pritzlaff was born to Elinor Gallun Pritzlaff and John Charles Pritzlaff Sr.
Pritzlaff was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In 1958, Pritzlaff moved to Phoenix, Arizona, with his family. He was a member of the Arizona House of Representatives from 1963 to 1969 and of the Arizona State Senate from 1975 to 1982. He was the ambassador to Malta from 1969 to 1972.
Pritlaff served in the United States Army during World War II. Then in 1947, he received his bachelor's degree, in history and political science, from Princeton University. Prior to his political career, he was the vice-president and general manager of the John Pritzlaff Hardware Company, in Milwaukee, founded by John C. Pritzlaff. In Phoenix, Pritzlaff owned the Rockmount Real Estate Investments. He was involved with the Republican Party in Wisconsin and Arizona.
On February 10, 1951, Pritzlaff married Mary Dell Olin, the daughter of Spencer Truman Olin an executive at Olin Corporation. The family lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin before moving to Phoenix, Arizona, in 1958. Their daughter, Anne, married former Arizona governor, Fife Symington.
- "Estate Valued at $2.9 Million". May 17, 1977. pp. 8, Part 2. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1499&dat=19770517&id=mD4aAAAAIBAJ&sjid=SikEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7230,4307054. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "John Charles Pritzlaff Jr. - Obituary". The Arizona Republic. 5 May 2005. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/azcentral/obituary.aspx?n=john-charles-pritzlaff&pid=3506544. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "SG 6 - Members - Senator John C. Pritzlaff - Bibliographical Note". Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records. 8 May 2009. http://apps.azlibrary.gov/archives/legislator_pritzlaff_j.aspx. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Corbin, Bob (26 March 1979). "Letter to John C. Pritzlaff Jr., State Senator, Arizona State Senate, stating that the transfer of real estate for nominal consideration for estate planning purposes(...)". Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records. http://azmemory.azlibrary.gov/cdm/ref/collection/agopinions/id/7337. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- McG. Thomas Jr., Robert (17 April 1995). "Spencer Truman Olin, Executive For Olin Corporation, Dies at 96". The New York Times Company. https://www.nytimes.com/1985/03/20/us/briefing-whither-funderburk.html. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Alton Evening Telegraph from Alton, Illinois on September 11, 1950 · Page 10". https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/705939/.
- "John Pritzlaff, Former US ambassador to Malta, dies". Malta Independent. 8 May 2005. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. https://web.archive.org/web/20140714184556/http://www.independent.com.mt/mobile/2005-05-08/news/john-pritzlaff-former-us-ambassador-to-malta-dies-75176/. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
Hugh H. Smythe
|United States Ambassador to Malta
John I. Getz
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|