John H. Bloomer (September 14, 1930 – January 10, 1995) was a Vermont attorney and politician who served as President of the Vermont State Senate.
John Henry Bloomer was born in Rutland on September 14, 1930.
Bloomer graduated from the University of Vermont in 1952 and Boston University Law School in 1957. Bloomer resided in West Rutland, Vermont and practiced law in Rutland. He served in local offices including school board member.
Bloomer's father Asa S. Bloomer and brother Robert A. Bloomer (1921–1999) both served in the Vermont Senate. Asa Bloomer was Speaker of the Vermont House of Representatives from 1943 to 1945 and served as Senate President in 1949 and 1955, and from 1959 until his death. Robert Bloomer served as Senate President from 1975 to 1985.
Judith Wener Bloomer Crowley (born 1936), the wife of John H. Bloomer and mother of John H. Bloomer Jr., served in the Vermont Senate from 1995 to 1997 and in the Vermont House from 2001 to 2005.
- Vermont Birth Records, 1909-2008, record for John Henry Bloomer, accessed June 12, 2012
- Vermont House of Representatives, Joint Resolution 7, January 12, 1995
- Vermont Secretary of State, Vermont Legislative Directory, page 1992, page 241
- Town of West Rutland, Annual Report, 1970, page 5
- Town of West Rutland, Annual Report, 1973, page 5
- Vermont Secretary of State, Vermont Legislative Directory, 1989, page 515
- Vermont Archives and Records Administration, Presidents Pro Tempore of the Vermont Senate since 1870, 2011, page 7
- Vermont Death Records, 1909-2008, record for John H. Bloomer, accessed June 11, 2012
- New York Times, John Bloomer; Vermont Legislator, 64, January 11, 1995
- Gravestone photos by contributor Jen Snoots, Find A Grave, accessed June 12, 2012
- Associated Press, Obituary, Ex-Vermont State Senator Robert Bloomer, published in Newsday, December 8, 1999
- Journal of the Vermont Senate, published by Vermont Senate, February 9, 1995
- Vermont Secretary of State, State Representative Election Results, 2004, page 31
- Vermont Secretary of State, Biographical Sketches of Federal and State Officers and Members of the General Assembly of 2011-2012, 2011, page 78
- Nancy Remsen, John Bloomer Returns to the Senate in a New Role, Burlington Free Press, January 4, 2011
|President pro tempore of the Vermont State Senate
Stephen W. Webster
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|