|John Harties Brown|
|Died||January 30, 1905|
|Place of birth||New Brunswick, Canada|
|Buried at||Arlington, Virginia|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Unit||Company D, 12th Kentucky Infantry|
|Battles/wars||Second Battle of Franklin|
|Awards||Medal of Honor|
Captain John Harties Brown (1834 to January 30, 1905) was a Canadian soldier who fought in the American Civil War. Brown received the United States' highest award for bravery during combat, the Medal of Honor, for his action during the Second Battle of Franklin in Tennessee on 30 November 1864. He was honored with the award on 13 February 1865.
Medal of Honor citation
- "John Harties Brown". http://projects.militarytimes.com/citations-medals-awards/recipient.php?recipientid=1921. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Civil War (A-L) Medal of Honor Recipients". http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/civwaral.html. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Brown, John Harties". http://www.cmohs.org/recipient-detail/166/brown-john-harties.php. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Canadian Soldiers & Sailors – US Medal of Honor Winners US Civil War (1861-1865)". http://www.graysandbluesofmontreal.com/canadian-recipients-of-medal-of-honor.html. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- Hanning, Bud (2010). Every Day of the Civil War: A Chronological Encyclopedia. McFarland. p. 560. ISBN 9780786444649. http://books.google.com.jm/books?id=BC2Qbpa8OjgC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|