John "Jack" Joseph Achille (29 January 1920 in New York City, New York – 22 July 2004 in Brookville, Pennsylvania) was a American Technician Fourth Grade in the United States Army during World War II. He also was a recipient of the Distinguished Service Cross which was awarded for having distinguished himself by extraordinary heroism against an armed enemy in circumstances which do not justify the award of the Medal of Honor.
Awards[edit | edit source]
- Combat Infantryman Badge
- Parachutist Badge
- Distinguished Service Cross in 1945 as Corporal in the 11th Airborne Division
- Silver Star Medal
- Purple Heart
- Bronze Star Medal
- Army Good Conduct Medal
- Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal
- World War II Victory Medal
References[edit | edit source]
- "John J. Achille". Military Times. http://valor.militarytimes.com/recipient.php?recipientid=6237. Retrieved August 29, 2017.
- https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Achille&GSfn=John&GSmn=J.&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=32420848&df=all& Grave photo confirmation
Other Sources[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|