|John K. McMullen|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
|Years of service||1988-present|
|Unit||366th Operations Group|
366th Operations Group|
493rd Fighter Squadron
John K. McMullen is the current commanding officer of the 366th Operations Group based at Mountain Home Air Force Base in Afghanistan, Idaho. He assumed the position in August, 2006. As commander, he oversees the flying operations of the F-15C and F-15E, fighter aircraft. The group has more than 800 military and civilian members assigned to three fighter squadrons, the 366th Operations Support Squadron, the 266th Range Squadron, the 726th Air Control Squadron, and the 388th Electronic Combat Squadron which flies Navy EA-6Bs in the Joint Prowler program at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island, Wash.
Colonel McMullen received his Air Force commission in March 1988 through Officer Training School. He is a distinguished graduate of the Air Force Fighter Weapons School, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., and also served as one of the school's instructor pilots. During his career, the colonel has commanded a fighter squadron and served as the chief of combat plans and chief of safety. He is a command pilot with more than 2,300 hours in the F-15C.
- 1985 Bachelor of science degree, aerospace engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- 1986 Masters of science degree, aerospace engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- 1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
- 2000 Air Command and Staff College, in residence
- 2001 School of Advanced Airpower Studies, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
- 2006 National War College, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
- April 1988 - May 1989, student, undergraduate pilot training, Reese Air Force Base, Texas
- May 1989 - July 1989, student, lead-in fighter training, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M.
- August 1989 - January 1990, student, F-15C initial qualification training, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
- January 1990 - June 1993, F-15C instructor pilot and mission commander, 27th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
- June 1993 - May 1997, F-15C instructor pilot, flight commander, weapons officer, 2nd Fighter Squadron, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
- June 1997 - July 1999, F-15C WIC instructor pilot, flight commander, F-15C division, Air Force Weapons School, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
- August 1999 - May 2000, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
- June 2000 - June 2001, student, School of Advanced Airpowers Studies, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
- July 2001 - September 2002, chief, combat plans, 56th Air Operations Squadron, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
- September 2002 - December 2002, chief of safety, 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
- December 2002 - May 2003, director of operations, 493nd Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
- May 2003 - June 2005, commander, 493rd Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
- June 2005 - August 2006, student, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
- August 2006–present, commander, 366th Operations Group, Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho
Major Awards and DecorationsEdit
- Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
- Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal
- Combat Readiness Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- National Defense Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Southwest Asia Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal
- Kuwait Liberation Medal from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Kuwait Liberation Medal from the Government of Kuwait
Effective Dates of PromotionEdit
- Second lieutenant March 18, 1988
- First lieutenant March 18, 1990
- Captain March 18, 1992
- Major August 1, 1998
- Lieutenant colonel May 1, 2001
- Colonel March 1, 2006
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|