William Jordan Gillis is the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and Environment (ASA IE&E). He served as the Acting Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and Environment from 16 October 2017 until January 10, 2019.
A native of Atlanta, Gillis is an Eagle Scout. He earned a B.A. from Duke University and an M.B.A. from Emory University's Goizueta Business School.
He served as a field artillery officer in the U.S. Army at posts including Fort Stewart, Georgia and Ar Ramadi, Iraq, where he was promoted to major. His awards include the Bronze Star Medal, Purple Heart, Army Commendation Medal, and Army Achievement Medal (7th award).
Gillis was a Director in the Energy Practice at ScottMadden, a general management consulting firm. His consulting experience focused on work for electric utility clients across North America in areas such as mergers and acquisition integration, business plan development, operational assessments, organization design and staffing, and implementation of departmental and corporate strategy. He also served on the board of Georgia Public Broadcasting and was an active scouting volunteer.
In February 2020, President Donald Trump announced his intention to nominate Gillis to be the next Assistant Secretary of Defense for Sustainment. He appeared before the Senate Committee on Armed Services on March 10, 2020, and was confirmed by voice vote of the full Senate on March 26.
Gillis is married and has two children.
- Official ASA (IE&E) "About" page
- Mr. Jordan Gillis, Dept. of the Army Bio
- Senior Executive Service Announcements, Oct. 17, 2017
- Army Leadership Update, Jan. 11, 2019
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate and Appoint Individuals to Key Administration Posts". February 13, 2020. https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/president-donald-j-trump-announces-intent-nominate-appoint-individuals-key-administration-posts-30/. Retrieved February 17, 2020.
- ScottMadden’s Nuclear Plant Recovery Series: Markers of Plant Performance Decline
- "PN1588 — William Jordan Gillis — Department of Defense". March 26, 2020. https://www.congress.gov/nomination/116th-congress/1588. Retrieved March 26, 2020.
- "BUCKHEAD POWER COUPLE: Leigh Ann and Jordan Gillis"
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|